|Origin||Lehigh Valley and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Years active||2008–2011 , 2016 (reunion)|
|Associated acts||Street Smart Cyclist|
|Past members||Ross Brazuk|
Snowing was an American emo band from Lehigh Valley and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Composed of bassist and vocalist John Galm, guitarists Nate Dionne and Ross Brazuk, and drummer Justin Renninger, the band formed in 2008 and dissolved in 2011.
After the break up of Street Smart Cyclist, John, Nate, and Ross joined Justin and formed Snowing in 2008 in Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia while frontman John Galm worked as a movie theater projectionist with Square of Opposition Records label manager Chris Regec. The band released their first extended play, Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit, in 2009 via Square Of Opposition Records. In 2010, the band released their first and only full-length album via Count Your Lucky Stars Records and Square of Opposition Records titled I Could Do Whatever I Wanted If I Wanted.
In 2011, Snowing announced they were breaking up. In a statement released by the band on their Facebook page, they stated
I'm going to keep this short, and hopefully fairly devoid of pompous self-importance. Snowing has come to an end at the ripe old age of 3 and a half (that's over 90 in emo years!). Words are really escaping me right now, so I'll just say this: We had a blast writing songs, driving across the country playing shows, imbibing copious amounts of alcohol, and earning future grey hairs by reading all about ourselves on message boards. Thanks for everything."
The band broke up following its first and only full US tour with its last ever show selling out in a matter of minutes. The breakup was planned due to frontman John Galm's music-writing veering towards more indie rock and wanting to explore different avenues. The band reunited in 2016 for two final shows, one for The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die's Broken World Fest in Pittsburgh, the second for Square of Opposition Records' 15th anniversary. The band confirmed that they were not interested in a continued reunion past this point, and that these would be their final send-off shows.
Snowing has been referred to as "the favourite band of your favourite emo revival bands". The band developed a cult following after their breakup during the explosion and revival of emo into its fourth wave.
- Street Smart Cyclist (2005-2008) - John Galm, Ross Brazuk, Nate Dionne
- Slow Warm Death (2011–2013) - John Galm
- Super Unison (2014–present) - Justin Renninger
- Cassilis (2014–present) - Justin Renninger
- John Galm (solo) (2014–present) - John Galm
- Glocca Morra (2010-2015) - Nate Dionne
- bad heaven ltd (2016–present) - John Galm
- Studio albums
- I Could Do Whatever I Wanted If I Wanted (2010)
- Tour Tape (2009)
- Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit (2009)
- "Pump Fake" / "Scherbatsky" (2012)
- That Time I Sat In A Pile Of Chocolate (2016)
- Everything (2016)
- "Snowing Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit". SputnikMusic. SputnikMuisc. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Snowing Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit". SputnikMusic. SputnikMusic. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Snowing - I Could Do Whatever I Wanted If I Wanted". PunkNews. PunkNews. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Snowing I Could Do Whatever I Wanted If I Wanted". Sputnikmusic. SputnikMusic. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Snowing Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit [7 inch]". Punknews.org. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Street Smart Cyclists". Last.fm. Last.fm. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "The Night It Stopped Snowing". Noisey. 2016-07-27. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- Anthony, David. "Snowing took morbid thoughts and made them hopeful". A.V. Club. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Snowing Break Up". Alter The Press!. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Snowing". Facebook. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Snowing's Final Show". Noisey. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Snowing reunite to play Broken World Fest". Upset. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "In its fourth wave, emo is revived and thriving". FanSided. 2018-08-15. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Slow Warm Death". BandCamp. BandCamp. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Super Unison". Facebook. Facebook. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "April 25, 2014, Snowing". Facebook. Facebook. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "October 22, 2014 Snowing". Facebook. Facebook. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "cool hell, by bad heaven ltd". bad heaven ltd. Retrieved 9 November 2018.