The Snowshoe running (or Snowshoeing) is a winter sport practiced, agonistically and not, with snowshoes, which is governed by World Snowshoe Federation (WSSF) founded in 2010, which until 2015 had its name International Snowshoe Federation (ISSF). The snowshoes running is part of the Special Olympics and Arctic Winter Games programs.
WSSF oganized the World Snowshoe Championships in 2016 in Vezza d'Oglio, Italy and in 2017 in Saranac Lake, NY from 24 February to 25 February 2017, until the previous edition, the ISSF 2015 World Snowshoe Championships, held in Quebec City, Canada, the championships were organized by the same International federation, but with old name of ISSF.
- "What is the WSSF?". worldsnowshoe.org. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
The name from International Snowshoeing Federation (ISSF) changed to World Snowshoe Federation (WSSF).
- "Snowshoe Racing - Snowshoe Magazine". snowshoemag.com. p. 2. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "WSSF Statutes - April 2, 2017 - World Snowshoe Federation" (PDF). Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "World Snowshoe Championships - World Snowshoe Federation". worldsnowshoe.org. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "ISSF 2015 World Snowshoe Championships". snowshoemag.com. Retrieved 13 October 2017.