This article needs to be updated.October 2017)(
|Traded as||NASDAQ: LNCE|
|Founded||December 6, 2010|
|James Johnston, Chairman |
Brian Driscoll, CEO
|Brands||The company's brands include Snyder's of Hanover, Lance, Kettle Brand (US), Kettle Chips (U.K.), Cape Cod Potato Chips, Late July Snacks, Diamond Nuts, Emerald Nuts, Jays, Grande, Tom’s, Snack Factory, EatSmart Snacks, Archway, O-Ke-Doke, Pop-Secret, Padrinos, Krunchers!, and Stella D'oro|
|Parent||Campbell Soup Company|
Snyder's-Lance, Inc. is the second largest salty snack maker in the United States. It was formed by the 2010 merger of Lance and Snyder's of Hanover. As of 2018, it is a subsidiary of the Campbell Soup Company.
On September 6, 2012, Snyder's-Lance agreed to acquire Snack Factory for $312 million. Snyder's-Lance expects the acquisition to close early fourth quarter. On August 30, 2013, Snyder's-Lance acquired Stateline Service Corp. and no purchase price was disclosed. In 2016 Snyder's-Lance acquired Diamond Foods in a cash and stock merger transaction bringing Kettle Brand, Diamond of California, Pop-Secret and other snack brands under the Snyder's-Lance umbrella. On December 18, 2017 the company announced it had accepted Campbell Soup Company's offer to purchase the company. At time of the announcement, the purchase was valued at $4.9 billion.
- "Lance, Inc. and Snyder's of Hanover, Inc. Announce Merger Completion (NASDAQ:LNCE)". Ir.lanceinc.com. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- "Snyder's-Lance to Buy Diamond Foods for $1.27B". Fox Business. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- Scott-Thomas, Caroline (23 July 2010). "Snyder's-Lance merger creates no. 2 US salty snack company". Bakeryandsnacks.com. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Snyder's-Lance Pacts To Acquire Snack Factory For $340M In Cash". Vending Times. September 6, 2012. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- "Snyder's-Lance Acquires New England Distributor Stateline Service Corp". Vending Times. August 30, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "Snyder's-Lance being sold to Campbell Soup in $5B deal". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- Business data for Synyder's-Lance:
- SEC filings