So Long, Bannatyne
|So Long, Bannatyne|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||1971 at RCA's Mid-America Recording Center, Chicago, Illinois|
|The Guess Who chronology|
|Singles from So Long, Bannatyne|
The album's title track includes the words:
So long Bannatyne, hello my Chevrier home.
The album's packaging and title track illustrate a transition in the life of Guess Who guitarist Kurt Winter moving from the city to the suburbs. The front cover has the words "So Long, Bannatyne" and shows the band dressed casually around a red Chevrolet with a Manitoba license plate in front of The Bannatyne Apartments (located at 545 Bannatyne Avenue in the band's hometown of Winnipeg. The back cover has the words "Hello My Chevrier Home" and shows the band now dressed more formally with the same red Chevy in the back of a home located on Chevrier Avenue, about 5 miles from downtown Winnipeg.
In 2015 the Bannatyne Apartments building, while vacant, was damaged by fire.
- Side one
- "Rain Dance" - 2:45
- "She Might Have Been a Nice Girl" (Cummings) - 3:13
- "Goin' a Little Crazy" - 6:59
- "Fiddlin'" - 1:06
- "Pain Train" - 3:45
- "One Divided" (Greg Leskiw) - 2:38
- Side two
- "Grey Day" (Leskiw) - 4:16
- "Life in the Bloodstream" (Cummings) - 3:10
- "One Man Army" - 3:55
- "Sour Suite" (Cummings) - 4:08
- "So Long, Bannatyne" - 5:55
- Bonus Tracks (2010 Iconoclassic CD Release)
- The 8-track release featured a different ordering of tracks:
Track 1: "Life in the Bloodstream", "Fiddlin'", "So Long, Bannatyne"
Track 2: "Rain Dance", "Sour Suite", "Pain Train"
Track 3: "One Divided", "One Man Army", "Grey Day"
Track 4: "She Might Have Been a Nice Girl", "Goin' a Little Crazy"
- The Guess Who
- Burton Cummings - lead vocals, keyboards, sax
- Kurt Winter - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Greg Leskiw - rhythm guitar, backing vocals, lead vocal and banjo on "One Divided"
- Jim Kale - bass, backing vocals
- Garry Peterson - drums, backing vocals
- Additional personnel
- Brian Christian - engineer
- Jack Richardson - producer
|Billboard Hot 100||19|
|Billboard Hot 100||50|
|1972||"Life in the Bloodstream"||Canada||39|
- Allmusic review
- "So Long, Bannatyne: building featured on Guess Who album burns". Global News. Retrieved 2020-09-24.
- The Guess Who – So Long, Bannatyne Credits Retrieved February 7, 2019