So Much Like My Dad
|"So Much Like My Dad"|
|Single by George Strait|
|from the album Holding My Own|
|B-side||"Wonderland of Love"|
|Released||June 29, 1992|
|Recorded||October 3, 1991|
|George Strait singles chronology|
"So Much Like My Dad" is a song written first recorded by Willie Nelson on his 1986 album Partners. American country music artist George Strait released the song in June 1992 as the second single from his album Holding My Own. The song reached number 3 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in October 1992. The song was written by Chips Moman and Bobby Emmons.
This slow to mid-tempo song takes a look at the relationship between a father and a son. The narrator actually plays the part of the son begging his mom for assistance. He wants to know what his dad always said to make his mom stay because his lover is going to leave him.
"So Much Like My Dad" debuted at number 60 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 11, 1992.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||46|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||50|
- Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
- Billboard, July 4, 1992
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1893." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 10, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "George Strait – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for George Strait.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1992". RPM. December 19, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Best of 1992: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|