An old British pack of Sobranie Cocktail cigarettes, with an English text warning at the bottom of the pack
|Produced by||Gallaher Group, a subsidiary of Japan Tobacco|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sobranie (cigarettes).|
Sobranie of London was established in 1879 by the Redstone family, when cigarettes had just become fashionable in Europe. It is one of the oldest luxury cigarette brands in the world. Several generations of the Redstone family blended this tobacco from a secret formula. The original cigarettes were handmade in the Russian tradition. Sobranie was the supplier of the Imperial Court of Russia, and of the royal courts of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Spain, Romania, and Greece. In the early 1980s, the trademarks for Sobranie were sold to Gallaher Group, which continued production with a modified formula, at various places in Europe. Gallaher was subsequently purchased by Japan Tobacco in 2007. House of Sobranie offers a range of luxury premium cigarettes. Throughout its 138 years of existence, Sobranie was the definition of luxury in the tobacco industry, being adopted as the official provider of many European royal houses and elites around the world.
Premium varieties include the evening-out styles Sobranie Cocktail and Sobranie Black Russian, which are produced in Ukraine, and as black paper with a gold foil filter end. While both Cocktail and Black Russian variants are emblazoned with the Russian imperial eagle.
Sobranie was a sponsor of the Jordan Grand Prix team in 2004 and 2005. The logos were displayed on the front, side and rear wing of the cars. In countries where tobacco sponsorship was forbidden, the logos were removed or replaced.
Sobranie cigarettes are mainly sold in the United Kingdom, but also were or still are sold in Germany, Bulgaria, France, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Romania, Greece, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Singapore, Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia (smuggled from Serbia), Malaysia, China, Taiwan and Japan.
- Sobranie Classic
- Sobranie Classic Lights
- Sobranie Black Russians
- Sobranie White Russians
- Sobranie Cocktail
- Sobranie Blues
- Sobranie Mints
- Sobranie Pinks
- Sobranie Whites
- Sobranie Yellow (citrus menthol) – sold in China with English and Chinese text on packet, displaying a health warning on the lower region of the packet.
- Sobranie Gold (Tar - 4 mg; Nicotine - 0.01 mg; Carbon Monoxide 5 mg)
|Sobranie Classic||14 mg||1.0 mg|
|Sobranie Classic Lights||10 mg||0.1 mg|
|Sobranie Black Russians||7 mg||0,7 mg|
|Sobranie White Russians||8 mg||0,1 mg|
|Sobranie Cocktail||5 mg||0,5 mg|
|Sobranie Blues||5 mg||0.1 mg|
|Sobranie Mints||5 mg||0,5 mg|
|Sobranie Pinks||5 mg||0,1 mg|
|Sobranie Whites||1 mg||0,1 mg|
|Sobranie Yellow||5 mg||0.5 mg|
|Sobranie Gold||3 mg||0,3 mg|
- "Our brands". JTI. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Maria, Ana (18 January 2013). "Sobranie". prezi.com. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Potter, Leo. "What is so special about Sobranie cigarettes?". www.quora.com. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "ART COLLECTION, un eveniment special by Sobranie - Wide Magazine". www.widemagazine.ro.
- "Livery Histories #2: Jordan". 15 December 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Davies, Jonathan. "Sobranie - ChicaneF1.com". Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Jordan krijgt Russisch karakter". 23 Feb 2005.
- "BrandSobranie - Cigarettespedia". www.cigarettespedia.com. 8 December 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Sobranie". www.zigsam.at. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Gubchik, Igor; Zakrevsky, Ignat. "Brands". www.cigarety.by. Retrieved 22 August 2018.