Social Indicators Research
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Discipline||Quality of Life Research, Sociology|
|Edited by||Alex C. Michalos|
|1974 - present|
0.955(2 years)1.362 (5 years)(2008)
Founded in 1974, Social Indicators Research is a journal that publishes research results dealing with measurement of the quality of life. These studies - empirical, philosophical and methodological - encompass the whole spectrum of society, including the individual, public and private organizations, and municipal, country, regional, national and international systems.
About Social Indicators Research
- Editor-in-Chief: Alex C. Michalos
Director, Institute for Social Research and Evaluation, University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George, Canada
- SINET Selection Editor: Abbott L. Ferriss
Emory University Station, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Abstracting and indexing
Social Indicators Research is abstracted and indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 1.452, ranking it 23rd out of 138 journals in the category "Sociology".
Also indexed in: ABI/INFORM, Academic Search, AgeLine, Bibliography of Asian Studies, Business Source, CAB International, Communication Abstracts, Corporate ResourceNet, Criminal Justice Abstracts, CSA/Proquest, Current Abstracts, Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences, Current Index to Statistics, Dietrich's Index Philosophicus, ERIH, Expanded Academic, FRANCIS, Gale, Geobase, Global Health, Google Scholar, International Bibliography of Book Reviews (IBR), International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS), Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition, JSTOR, OCLC, PASCAL, PsycINFO, Referativnyi Zhurnal, SCOPUS, Social Science Citation Index, Social SciSearch, SRM Abstracts, Summon by Serial Solutions, The Philosopher's Index, TOC Premier
- International Society for Child Indicators
- Child Indicators Research, The official Journal of the International Society for Child Indicators
- The Social Indicators Network News
- Book series: Social Indicators Research Series
- Book series: Social Indicators Research Programmes
- Book series: Children’s Well-Being: Indicators and Research
- Journal homepage at Springer SBM
- Institute for Social Research and Program Evaluation
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Sociology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.