Social Liberal Forum
The Social Liberal Forum (often abbreviated to SLF) is an internal pressure group within the British Liberal Democrats that seeks to promote social liberalism within the party. The Social Liberal Forum represents the broad centre and centre-left within the Liberal Democrats . The book 'Reinventing the State: Social Liberalism for the 21st Century' has been said to be influential on the thinking of those who created the SLF.
The SLF was launched in February 2009. Although the SLF did not oppose the Coalition Government between the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives, it has campaigned for many changes to Coalition policy on issues such as NHS reforms, economic policy  and cuts to welfare spending.
The current Chair of the Social Liberal Forum is Naomi Smith and the SLF Director is Prateek Buch.
- "What We Stand For". Social Liberal Forum. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- "How Lib Dem members describe their own political identity". Lib Dem Voice. Retrieved 2014-10-30.
- "The Lib Dems are a Centre Left Party". Social Liberal Forum.
- "Reinventing the State". Social Liberal Forum. 18 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- Sowemimo, Matthew (12 February 2009). "Social Liberal Forum launched". Liberal Democrat Voice.
- Wintour, Patrick (15 June 2011). "Lib Dem pressure group celebrates NHS rethink". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- . Social Liberal Forum http://www.socialliberal.net/slf-publications/economic-plan-c/. Missing or empty
- Hall-Matthews, David (14 November 2011). "Osborne's attack on benefits must be moderated". The Guardian (London).
- "Who We Are". Social Liberal Forum.
|This article about a political organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|