|Industry||Video game industry|
|Andrés Bou (Co-CEO)
Horacio Martos (Co-CEO)
Marc Canaleta (CTO)
Number of employees
|Parent||Take-Two Interactive (2017–)|
Social Point was founded by Andrés Bou and Horacio Martos in 2008. Between 2008 and 2011, they launched 25 online social games. In January 2011, Social Point released the battle and strategy game Social Empires.
In July 2012, Social Point announced it had closed a Series B round of venture capital funding to the total of $10 million. TechCrunch reported that funding for the B.1 round was provided by Nauta Capital, Idinvest and the BBVA bank.
In November 2011, Social Point released Social Wars and a mobile version of Social Empires. In May 2012, the company announced the release of Dragon City for Facebook.
In December 2012, The Next Web ran an article announcing that Dragon City was ranked #2 in Facebook's 25 top rated games that year.
Social Point announced an iOS version of Dragon City in March 2013. An Android version was released globally in August 2014. Also in 2014, they launched a new combat and strategy title, Monster Legends, for Facebook, iOS and Android.
Social Point has confirmed that its staff will be involved in mentoring school children as part of the App Education Course element of the initiative: a computer science elective that will be offered in Catalan high schools to teach students about application design and prototype development.
In August 2013, VentureBeat named Social Point one of the 20 fastest growing mobile startups in the world. In 2016, it generated $90 million in annual revenue and $20 million in profits according to parent company Take-Two Interactive
Social Point was awarded the "Public Voted Best Social Network Game" award at Gamelab in 2012 for Social Wars, and in 2013 for Dragon City. Monster Legends was named Best Game on a Social Network at Gamelab 2013.
- Social Empires (2011)
- Social Wars (2011)
- Dragon City (2012)
- Monster Legends (2014)
- World Chef (2016)
- Dragon Land (2016)
- Wauters, Robin. "Social games developer Social Point raises €2.4 million". TechCrunch. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- Díaz, Tina (12 February 2013). "La "start up" Social Point eleva su financiación hasta once millones". Expansión (in Spanish). Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- Wauters, Robin (5 December 2012). "Facebook unveils the top rated games of 2012". The Next Web.
- "Have You Ever Dreamed of Opening Your Own Restaurant?". Marketwire. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Dragon Land Is a Gorgeous New 3D Platformer out Now on Mobile". Gamezebo. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "GSMA Backs New Mobile Education Initiative of the Mobile World Capital". Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Social Point Partners with GSMA for Education". Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Social Point Collaborator in Master in Videogames Finalist in Emprendedor XXI". Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- Farr, Cristina (5 August 2013). "Meet the 20 fastest- growing mobile startups". Venture Beat.
- Reyburn, Scott (30 May 2013). "Social Point's Andrés Bou on Dragon City's success on mobile, sticking with the Facebook platform and plans for 2013". Adweek. Retrieved 4 June 2015.