Social Psychology (Community)
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Anthony Russo|
|Written by||Liz Cackowski|
|Original air date||October 8, 2009|
Jeff (Joel McHale) begins to bond with Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) over their mutual distaste for Vaughn (Eric Christian Olsen), Britta's (Gillian Jacobs) new boyfriend, a laid back hippie. However, in an effort to show that he and Britta could be friends, Jeff tries to refrain from making fun of Vaughn, but can't help himself from sharing a poem that Vaughn had written for Britta. The incident breaks up the relationship and brings up the question of dating and intimacy within the group. Meanwhile, Annie (Alison Brie) joins Professor Duncan (John Oliver) in a psychology test that tests people's patience, which has Abed (Danny Pudi), Troy (Donald Glover) and Señor Chang (Ken Jeong) as test subjects.
Around 4.87 million Americans watched "Social Psychology".
Todd VanDerWerff of The A.V. Club rated the episode B+, praising the way the show "keeps shuffling around which characters share storylines with which other characters, giving everyone a chance to get some screen time with someone else."
- Seidman, Robert (October 9, 2009). "Thursday broadcast finals: The Office, Bones, Grey's, Supernatural up; Community, Private Practice down a tick". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- VanDerWerff, Todd (October 9, 2009). "Social Psychology". The A.V. Club. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Social Psychology" at NBC.com
- "Social Psychology" at the Internet Movie Database
- "Social Psychology" at TV.com
- "Social Psychology" at TV Tropes