||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||October 13, 2008|
|Key people||Robert Lang (CEO), Jan Rezab (Chairman)|
|Industry||Marketing SaaS Software, Social Media Analytics|
|Owner||Index Ventures, Earlybird, Jan Rezab, Lukas Maixner, Jiri Voves, Martin Huml, Martin Homolka|
Socialbakers is a global social media analytics company offering a marketing software-as-a-service platform called Socialbakers Solutions that delivers data analytics and social media management for thousands of companies of all sizes for marketing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, and VK.
Socialbakers' solutions give companies the ability to measure, manage, and optimize their social media performance. Using Socialbakers companies can measure themselves against their competitors or industry, and adapt their own strategy to fit best practices. In addition, they can manage social media profiles across platforms and deliver social customer service. Companies can also optimize their social media advertising to show its impact on wider business goals, specifically showing which Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are being met on social media.
Socialbakers was founded in 2008 and has offices worldwide in Prague, London, San Francisco, New York, Plzeň, Split, Singapore, Sydney, Paris, Munich, São Paulo, Mexico City, Dubai and Istanbul, with over 300 employees globally. 
Socialbakers was founded by Jan Rezab, Lukáš Maixner, and Martin Homolka in October 13, 2008. Initially called Candytech, it was a social media agency that quickly transformed into a product company. Candytech developed applications for regional agencies and brands. In November 2009, the founders launched Facebakers.com, where users could find daily-updated statistics from Facebook, with a primary focus on country statistics.
In July 2010, Socialbakers launched the FanPage Analyzer. It gave users information about the fundamental issues their Facebook Pages experienced, as well as for their competition. In September, the portal was updated with new features that included Daily Active Users and Weekly Active Users graphs. In October, Facebakers redesigned their web portal, with Facebook brands now arranged by category, by different market sectors, and with the ability to filter them by country enabled. At the end of 2010, Facebakers was renamed to Socialbakers to avoid any confusion between the two.
In January 2011, Socialbakers launched Market Insights, which allowed users to monitor market sectors on Facebook, compare their Page within the chosen market sector, and analyze the performance of their Page and their competitors' Pages. In the same month, they began the Social Media Awards, which judged Facebook Pages according to a couple of key factors, including Best Fan Engagement Rate, Most Engaging Page, and more. In March, Socialbakers launched Facebook city statistics.
In May 2011, Socialbakers launched a Facebook Page management system, CMS. Later that month, Socialbakers started monitoring LinkedIn statistics by country. This was the first time Socialbakers had gone outside Facebook monitoring, stating that "social networking is more than just Facebook". On this same note, they launched Twitter profile statistics that July, monitoring brands and media companies alike. In August of that year, Socialbakers introduced Engagement Builder (previously called the Social CMS), which was an improved Page Manager for businesses.
In September 2011, Socialbakers raised $2 million in funding from Early Bird Venture, which was used to acquire companies like Checkfacebook.com and Social RSS (a feed reader for Facebook). In October, they integrated Google+ monitoring into their portfolio of social networks. By the end of the year, they had started monitoring YouTube channel statistics, with daily stats and key rankings.
In January 2012, Socialbakers launched Analytics for Twitter. They started providing analytics of Twitter statistics like Daily Follower Growth, Daily Tweet vs. Retweet Ratio, Total Number of Mentions, and more. In March, they standardized engagement metrics for comparison across both Facebook and Twitter. In April, Socialbakers became Facebook's Preferred Marketing Developer.
In May 2012, Socialbakers launched the Rating of Brands (NPS), which allowed users to rate a brand from 0 to 10 according to "How likely it is that you would recommend the brand to your friends" and later that month, they launched YouTube Analytics in Analytics so that users could start monitoring YouTube Channels with metrics like Total Views, Daily Views, etc.
In June, Socialbakers introduced the standard for social customer care, called "Socially Devoted". The "Socially Devoted" certificate was awarded to those whose Profile (Page Wall/Timeline) was open to questions and feedback from Fans (over 25% of global brands had closed their walls at the time), respond to at least 65% of questions, and responded to each Fan individually in a timely manner. In August, they introduced a new tool called Listening, which allows users to search keywords on social networks and update them in a dashboard. Later that month, a new limited beta version of Market Insights was launched. In September, Socialbakers introduced an upgraded version of the Builder platform, for marketers and businesses to manage and analyze their social media activity on multiple platforms.
In November, Socialbakers raised $6 million from Index Ventures, with additional follow-up funding from first-round investors. This was the second major investment in the company, after the $2 million from Earlybird Venture Capital.
In February Socialbakers completed a $26 million Series C financing round. This new funding was led by Index Ventures.
In May Engage organized their first social media conference in Prague, Engage Prague
Tools and Services
The Socialbakers Marketing Suite consists of several social media management tools, including Analytics, for competitive insights and benchmarking; Builder, an enterprise publishing tool; Ads, which optimizes and manages ads on Facebook and Twitter; Listening, which helps brands follow the conversations happening around their brand; and Professional Services, Socialbakers' consulting wing, which works closely with clients to help them master their unique social landscapes.
Socialbakers Analytics gives customers insights by monitoring social media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, VK, Pinterest, and YouTube (with added reports for Instagram). The software offers performance indicators to measure fan growth, track key influencers, analyze engagement rates and interactions, benchmark performance against competitors and industry standards, optimize social media presence and generate graphical reports. Socialbakers Builder is a tool for scheduling and publishing content as well as aggregating the conversation on social media around a brand. Apart from the main product Suite, Socialbakers offers several services including EdgeRank Checker, a deep-learning algorithm that tells users what content works best for their brand's Facebook pages, among other things.
Social Media Analytics
Apart from the metrics that Socialbakers offers in their tools for brands to monitor, they have promoted several ways for brands to track their social media success and benchmark against competition. One of the first benchmarks was Socially Devoted - a certificate awarded to brands that respond to at least 65% of a high volume of questions that users ask them on Facebook and Twitter. Socialbakers also awards Smart Storytellers, a benchmark that “looks at the number of Average Post Interactions in relation to post frequency.” Socialbakers also awards Smart Storytellers, a benchmark that “looks at the number of Average Post Interactions in relation to post frequency.”
In October 2014, Socialbakers announced Promoted Post Detection, a service that allows brands to differentiate between paid and organic reach by using public data only. This allows brands to see the post boosting strategies of their competitors: how many posts they boost, and what percentage of interactions they gained with promoted content.
On the same day, Socialbakers announced that they had partnered with Lenovo to create a new social media benchmark called the Social Health Index, a custom report that allows brands to compare several metrics across multiple platforms against other brands of their choosing - from direct competition to general leaders in social. This score is made by analyzing a client against their cluster, and breaking down performance for each brand on each network by four qualities (Participation, Acquisition, Retention and Shareability, or P.A.R.S). The scores are all then averaged and a final picture emerges of how each competitor compares to one another, overall.
- "The Exciting Future of Socialbakers Analytics" at Socialbakers Blog
- "How Social Media Creates a Better World" at TEDx
- "Socialbakers bakes its data analytics down to a Social Health Index" at Venture Beat
- "We have launched Facebakers.com". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers Give Community Managers an Analytics PRO". CMSWire. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Welcome to new Facebakers". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Facebakers rebrands to Socialbakers, but why?". Inside Social Media. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Get To Know Facebook Users With Socialbakers' Market Insights". AllFacebook The Unofficial Facebook Blog. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers Market Insights is launched – revolution in measuring Facebook pages". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers launches Social Media Awards". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers launches Facebook city statistics". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers launches a Facebook page management system – CMS". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers now monitors Linkedin country statistics". Socialbakers.
- "Socialbakers launches Twitter profile statistics". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers introduces Engagement Builder (previously Social CMS)". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Earlybird Invests $2 Million in Social Media Analytics Firm Socialbakers". TechCrunch. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "YouTube statistics for channels now on Socialbakers – daily stats and key rankings". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers Debuts New Facebook Analytics Product". AllFacebook The Unofficial Facebook Blog. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers Launches Analytics PRO also for Twitter [Today's Top Social News]". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers Analytics Pro is the standard for Twitter & Facebook comparisons". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers Proud To Be Facebook's Preferred Marketing Developer". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Rating of Brands (NPS) Launched on Socialbakers". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "We are launching YouTube Analytics in Analytics PRO: Best platform for your viral marketing". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "SocialBakers launches the Socially Devoted industry standard". The Next Web. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "'Socially Devoted' manifest sets new standard for customer care". ZDNet. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "CheerMeter for London & New Products Coming Soon". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Get to know your Facebook audience with Market Insights". Socialbakers. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Socialbakers Adds New Features to Social Media Management System". Destination CRM. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Venture Capital Dispatch". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Social Analytics Company Socialbakers Raises $26M More". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "CEA: Eventem roku je konference Engage 2015 | MediaGuru". www.mediaguru.cz. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- "Socialbakers has a new CEO". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "微博宣布与Socialbakers合作推大数据产品". techweb. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "How Socially Devoted is Your Brand?". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Socialbakers' new site is a treasure trove of social media data". The Next Web. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Socialbakers announces "Smart Storytellers" at Social Media Week London". Social Media Week. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- Jiří Voves (23 October 2014). "Socialbakers Exclusive Launch: Promoted Post Detection is here!'". Socialbakers.com. Socialbakers.com. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Socialbakers & Lenovo Unveil the Social Health Index". YouTube. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- Ishbel Macleod (23 October 2014). "Socialbakers and Lenovo create tool to help brands put social marketing performance into context'". TheDrum.com. The Drum.com. Retrieved 3 December 2014.