|Industry||Customer experience systems|
Number of locations
|Mark Zablan, CEO|
Number of employees
Emplifi is a private company headquartered in New York City. It develops and markets customer experience systems. The business was founded in 2020 after social media analytics company Socialbakers was acquired by customer experience systems business Astute. The combined entity changed its name to Emplifi.
Emplifi's predecessor Socialbakers was a social media monitoring and analytics company based in Prague, Czech Republic and founded in 2008. It was focused on finding and analyzing social media posts from customers to identify trends and sentiments, but not on creating content or responding. Its software had modules called Audiences, Influencers, Analytics, and Content, to segregate the various content.
In 2014, Socialbakers acquired Facebook monitoring and analytics company EdgeRank. The next year, Socialbakers co-founder and CEO Jan Rezab resigned and Robert Lang was appointed CEO. By 2016, Socialbakers had 350 employees, about $30–50 million in annual revenues, and had raised $34 million in total funding over the years.
In 2020, customer engagement software company Astute acquired Socialbakers. At the time, Socialbakers was one of the last remaining major independent social media analytics companies. In June 2021, the companies rebranded as Emplifi, and Socialbakers CEO Yuval Ben-Itzhak became president of Emplifi. The name combines the words "empathy" and "amplification." That September, Emplifi acquired video-streaming service Go Instore. In 2022, Emplifi attained unicorn status with an additional investment that valued the business at more than $1 billion.
Emplifi has offices worldwide. As of September 2021, the company reported 750 employees.
- Bach, Natasha (September 22, 2021). "Emplifi acquires Go Instore". PR Week. Haymarket Media Group. Retrieved August 22, 2022.
- Edwards, Jim (April 11, 2016). "Trump has quoted Twitter bots 150 times, according to this analysis of his tweets". Business Insider. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- Liu, Jessica; Dawson, Sarah (August 9, 2021). "The Forrester Wave™: Social Suites, Q3 2021". Forrester. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- Bellan, Rebecca; Mascarenhas, Natasha; Heater, Brian (June 10, 2014). "Socialbakers Acquires EdgeRank Checker To Bolster Its Facebook Analytics Offering". TechCrunch. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- Ha, Anthony (September 9, 2020). "Socialbakers acquired by customer engagement company Astute". TechCrunch. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- O'Reilly, Lara (May 27, 2016). "RANKED: The 37 hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups of 2016". Business Insider. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- "Astute acquires Czech-based social media marketing group Socialbakers". Reuters. September 9, 2020. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- Kim, Betsy (June 3, 2021). "Newly rebranded Emplifi rolls out customer experience platform". PR Week. Haymarket Media Group. Retrieved August 22, 2022.
- "Astute Solutions, Socialbakers unveil Emplifi brand identity". PR Week. Haymarket Media Group. June 2, 2021. Retrieved August 22, 2022.
- Mitchell, Charlie (March 11, 2022). "Emplifi Receives a $1 Billion Valuation". CX Today. Retrieved May 25, 2022.