Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics
|Focus||Brain mapping & therapeutics|
|Babak Kateb Founder/Chairman/CEO SBMT |
The International Brain Mapping and Intraoperative Surgical Planning Society (IBMISPS-Tax ID 20-2793206) DBA The Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT) is a non-profit biomedical association (501c6) principally concerned with Brain Mapping and Intra-operative Surgical planning. International Brain Mapping and Intraoperative Surgical planning Foundation (IBMISPF) DBA The Brain Mapping Foundation provides funding to members of the society.
In 2013 SBMT Board and Members defined Brain Mapping as the study of the anatomy and function of the brain and spinal cord through the use of imaging (including intra-operative, microscopic, endoscopic and multi-modality imaging), immunohistochemistry, molecular & optogenetics, stem cell and cellular biology, engineering (material, electrical and biomedical), neurophysiology and nanotechnology.
This article possibly contains original research. (November 2020)
The Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT) was founded in 2004 to break boundaries in healthcare. The society promotes policies that support rapid, safe, and cost-effective translation of new technology into medicine. SBMT played a significant role in the formulation, planning and execution of Obama's BRAIN Initiative and in 2013 pioneered the G20+ World Brain Mapping & Therapeutic Initiative, which is aimed at creating a global consortium focusing on integration of nanotechnology, imaging, cellular/stem cell therapeutics, Information Technology (IT) and devices (this approach called NanoBioElectronics) in Brain Mapping.
Collaborating partners also include: Australian Government and Australian Bio Tech (collections of 650 Australasia biotech firms), Canadian government and scientists, Turkish scientists, more than 200 universities and research institutions across the world. Man of the US Government Agencies. SBMT has near 3000 contacts with the industry around the globe.[failed verification]
Board appointments is one year with possibility of extension depending on how active the member is.
- 2004 (15 Nov) Keck School of Medicine, USC
- 2005 (17–19 Nov) Pasadena, CA, USA
- 2006 (5–8 Sep) Clermont Ferrand, France
- 2007 (6–8 Sep) Washington DC, USA
- 2008 (26–29 Aug) Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2009 (26–29 Aug) Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- 2010 (24-27 May) Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, USA
- 2011 (8-10 Jun) Mission Bay Conference Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2012 (2-4 Jun) Metro Toronto Conference Center, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2013 (12-14 May) Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
- 2014 (17-19 Mar) Four Seasons Hotel, Sydney, Australia
- 2015 (6-8 Mar) L.A. Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2016 (8-10 April) Miami Convention Center, Miami, FL, USA
- 2017 (18-20 April) Millennium Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, CA, USA 
- "NHHPC Members". NASA. Archived from the original on 2015-09-22.
- "Annual World Congress of Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics". volunteer.ucla.edu.
- "Q&A with Babak Kateb". DOTmed.com.
- "Brain Mapping Society Honors 'Dig' Writer-Producer Tim Kring". Variety. 8 March 2015.
- "'Skip' Rizzo honored for advances in virtual reality therapy". USCNews. 30 April 2015.
- "Neuroscience Caucus". blumenauer.house.gov.
- Administrator. "Society for Brain Mapping & Therapeutics - About SBMT". worldbrainmapping.org.
- "Fact Sheet - SBMT (Society for Brain Mapping & Therapeutics)".
- Administrator. "Society for Brain Mapping & Therapeutics - Board of Directors". worldbrainmapping.org.
- "Previous Conferences - SBMT Annual Congress".