Society of Business Practitioners
|Professional Membership / Examination board / Limited By Guarantee|
The Society of Business Practitioners (SBP) UK, founded in 1956, is a senior examining UK institution providing vocational qualifications in business, computer studies, management and marketing. The Society's Diploma awards attract recognized credits and exemptions from other institutes and educational establishments from the UK, the US and Australia. The Society also has a collaborative credit recognition arrangement with the New Zealand College of Business.
The Society's highest awards leading to a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration or the Graduate Diploma in Business and Management, are essentially a British professional qualification. However, in academic terms it may be comparable to a bachelor's degree standard. They lead to a professional designation title of Certified Professional Manager - CPM.
In line with the constant review and update of syllabus content of courses, specialist courses had been developed. These include individualized training programs via the Continuing Professional Development - CPD units specially tailored for the corporate industries. A three-stage information technology course was introduced in 2005. An advanced diploma in accounting program (ADA) examined at the accounting technician level was launched in 2007.
The Society professional membership structure has been revised, to introduce an examinable, work based senior awards assessment program leading to qualifications pegged at the British NQF, National Qualifications Framework levels 4 through 7.
- Professional qualifications in the United Kingdom
- List of British professional bodies
- Professional certification (business)
- Society of Business Practitioners Website
- British Qualifications 2013
- Careers Govt NZ, www.careers.govt.nz (Retrieved 22 March 2014)
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority, www.nzqa.govt.nz (Retrieved 22 march 2014)
- learning Skills Council LAD AIMS Database
- The Times - Your Professional Qualification(2002) Kogan Page Limited ISBN 978-0-7494-3847-0 Page 134
- Payscale.com Search CPM Retrieved 15 July 2011
- ADA Learning Skills Council LAD AIMS Database
- Professional Membership Senior Professional Qualifications
- NIACE Members' Website