|Headquarters||Mt. Pleasant, SC, USA|
Turfgrass for Sports Fields
On May 30, 2012, a partnership was announced between 21 Florida sod producers from the Florida Sod Growers Cooperative (FSGC) and the University of Florida turfgrass researchers. To find new and improved zoysiagrass varieties. Testing will evaluate varieties for their resistance to disease, response to drought and shade, their ability to retain color in cooler weather, and their resistance to pests such as billbug, armyworm and sod webworm. The program expects to have new grasses ready by 2017.
Sod Solutions is coordinating this partnership and will license and market those new grasses.
- Sod Solutions announces death of turfgrass developer Rod Riley World Golf, December 5, 2008
- North Carolina Crop Improvement Association (NCCIA) Certified Sod
- J. B. Unruh, L. E. Trenholm, and J. L. Cisar Centipedegrass for Florida Lawns
- New Bermudagrasses Sports Field Management magazine, retrieved August 2011
- New Year, New Gear Sports Field Management Magazine, retrieved February 2010
- Trusty, Suz (September 2012). "Industry Advancements: Overseeding and New Turfgrass Varieties". Sportsfield Management. (Moose River Media). Retrieved 10 January 2015.