Soda Drinker Pro
|Soda Drinker Pro|
|Release||Apr 14, 2016|
|Genre(s)||Simulation video game
Platformer (Vivian Clark)
Soda Drinker Pro is a video game that simulates the act of drinking soda. The game was written by Will Brierly, and developed and published by Snowrunner Games. It was released on April 14, 2016 to Steam and Xbox One.
The player uses the WASD controls to walk around the soda drinking simulation. The mouse is used to look around the simulation. The left mouse button places the soda onto the players mouth, while the right mouse button sips the soda. The soda has to be at the player's mouth for the soda to be sipped. There is a soda meter in the upper left hand corner of the game that measures the amount of soda left in the players cup. Once the player has successfully completed drinking the soda they can then move to the next simulation. Throughout the environments, there are "Bonus Sodas" which can be collected.
Soda Drinker Pro contains a secret game titled Vivian Clark that can be accessed during gameplay by entering the house in the park level. In the game's original version, it could be accessed by standing next to a particular rock for over thirty seconds.
Vivian Clark is made up of a series of linked mini-games, in which the goal is to beat the highest number of them possible consequtively without failing.
Soda Drinker Pro was developed over the course of one day in 2008.
Soda Drinker Pro was posted to Steam Greenlight in March 2013. On January 29, 2015 the game was greenlit by the Steam Community. The game was released on April 14, 2016 to Steam and Xbox One. and the Google Play Store as an Android app.
Sods Drinker Pro was met with high reviews from players and low reviews from critics. The game currently holds a 9/10 rating on Steam and a score of 30 on Metacritic. Patrick Hancock of Destructoid wrote "The game looks and sounds like absolute garbage in every way possible." Vivian Clark has been compared to Wario Ware, LSD: Dream Emulator, and other abstract games, and is generally regarded as better than Soda Drinker Pro.
- Tenley Woodman (February 20, 2013). "Drink all the soda you want in Somerville programmer's video game". The Boston Herald. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- Carli Velocci (February 19, 2013). "Soda Drinker Pro, the first person soda simulator". Dig Boston. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- Dan Ryckert (April 2, 2013). "Discussing The Industry With The Creator Of Soda Drinker Pro". Game Informer. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- Joseph Bernstein. "Soda Drinker PRO! the finest soda-drinking simulation ever, is here and nothing will ever be the same". Kill Screen. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- "How do I unlock Vivian Clark?".
- "How to Access Vivian Clark from Soda Drinker Pro!".
- "Soda Drinker Pro & Vivian Clark – Quench Your Thirst For Lunacy".
- "Soda Drinker Pro is on Steam Greenlight Now".
- "Soda Drinker Pro on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "Soda Drinker Pro – Games on Microsoft Store".
- "Soda Drinker Pro - Android Apps on Google Play".
- "Soda Drinker Pro". Metacritic. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "Review: Soda Drinker Pro". destructoid. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "This Might Be the Weirdest Video Game We've Ever Seen".