|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (September 2010)|
Sofia Jannok at Centre Culturel Suedois in 2007
|Birth name||Sofia Jannok|
|Born||15 September 1982|
Brita Maret "Sofia" Jannok (born September 15, 1982) is a Sami artist, singer, songwriter and radio host. Several times, she has publicly taken a stance in social media against the establishment of mines on land used by Sami reindeer herders. Together with Mariela Idivuoma, she was hostess of the Liet-Lávlut music festival in 2006. She has also hosted the program "Mailbmi - small people great music" in Swedish Radio P2. Her music is inspired from diverse musical influences, like folk, pop, jazz and yoik. She sings mostly in Northern Sami, but also sings and writes lyrics in Swedish and English as well.
Sofia previously performed with Anna Kärrstedt in the duo "Sophia and Anna". She performed in Melodifestivalen 2009 with the song Waterloo in Sámi ("Čáhcceloo"). On June 30, 2009, she was one of the summer guest hosts on Swedish Radio P1. The day after, July 1, she participated in SVT's program from Skansen in Stockholm for the inauguration of the Swedish Presidency of the EU. At the opening meeting in the Parliament House in Stockholm on September 15, 2009, she performed "Samelands vidder."
During an inauguration of the Culture year in Umeå 2014 (Sami late winter) Sofia conducted a call of anti-racism with Cleo and Kristin Amparo before the performance of the song "Faller en, faller alla". On stage at the same time was also a group of left-wing anti-fascist activists wearing ski masks with the message "Free Joel" printed on their shirts, which alludes to the activist who was arrested and convicted for attempted manslaughter and rioting because of the riots in Kärrtorp, when a group of Neo-Nazis attacked a left-wing anti-racism demonstration.
|2007||White / Čeaskat||–|
|2008||By the Embers / Áššogáttis||16|
|2013||Áhpi (Wide as Oceans)||27|
- 2000: Dál juovlla čuovggaid cahkkehit (Sami Christmas CD)
- 2007: Ima ipmašat (children's CD, DAT)
- 2007: Buoremus ájgge (children's CD, Mandy Senger & Sara Aira Fjällström)
- 2000: *TV-musik ur dokumentärserien Samerna (Scandinavian Songs)
- 2000: Great North (soundtrack, TVA International inc.)
- 2000: "Čalmmit" (as part of Sofia och Anna)
- 2004: "Liekkas clubmix" (promotional single, Publishment)
- Elmo. "Talvatisfestivalen 2010". talvatisfestivalen.blogspot.com.
- "Vänsterextremist döms för dråpförsök på nazist". nyheter24.se.
- "Vänsteraktivister bakom många våldsdåd". svt.se.
- Cleo, Kristin och Sofia Jannok i Umeå tillsammans med Free Joel-aktivister på scen. YouTube. 2 March 2014.
- "Hiphop och jojk invigde vårvintern". Mynewsdesk.
- "Sofia Jannok discography". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sofia Jannok.|