Cherfa in action for Omonia in 2012
|Full name||Sofyane Cherfa|
|Date of birth||13 August 1984|
|Place of birth||Toulouse, France|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2012–2013||→ Panthrakikos (loan)||29||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 30 May 2016 (UTC).
Born in Toulouse, France, Cherfa played youth football with AS Monaco FC, but only appeared for its reserve team as a senior. After playing with CS Louhans-Cuiseaux in the lower leagues he signed with Ligue 2 club Stade de Reims in the 2007 summer, before going on to represent also in the competition CS Sedan Ardennes and LB Châteauroux.
In 2011, Cherfa joined AC Omonia in the Cypriot First Division, after fellow league side Ermis Aradippou did not have the financial means to complete the transfer. He scored his first goal as a professional on 29 October of that year, in a 2–0 away win against Olympiakos Nicosia, and also contributed with six appearances in the season's Cypriot Cup, which ended in conquest as in the previous year.
In the 2012 summer transfer window, after being deemed surplus to requirements, Cherfa was loaned to Panthrakikos F.C. from Greece. At the end of the campaign he returned to Omonia, who had just lost fellow stoppers Christos Karipidis and Savo Pavićević to other clubs, but Panthrakikos contested that the agreement ended sooner than it should have.
After failing to negotiate a new contract with a smaller wage, due to Omonia's financial situation, Cherfa was made to train alone, and was eventually linked to OFI Crete even though the former side stated it did not have the intention of releasing him. After the club failed to perform in their UEFA Europa League campaign, both defensively and overall, a new round of talks started, and he eventually put pen to paper to a new three-year deal.
- As of match played 2 January 2016
|Omonia||2011–12||Cypriot First Division||22||2||7||1||1||0||30||3|
|Panthrakikos||2012–13 (loan)||Superleague Greece||29||0||8||1||—||37||1|
- "Oμόνοια: Σοφιάν Σερφά για το κέντρο της άμυνας (video)" [Agreement: Sofyane Cherfa for the center of the defense (video)] (in Greek). Kathimerini. 20 July 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Στον Πανθρακικό ο Σοφιάν Σερφά" [Sofyane Cherfa to Panthrakikos] (in Greek). Pamesports. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Πανθρακικός : Ήρθε και υπέγραψε ο Σοφιάν Σερφά!" [Panthrakikos: Sofyane Cherfa arrived and signed!] (in Greek). Assist GR. 2 August 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Πανθρακικός: Καμία ανησυχία για Σερφά" [Panthrakikos: No worries about Cherfa] (in Greek). Onsports. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- ""Κόκκινο" για Σερφά" ["Red" for Cherfa] (in Greek). Contra. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Επανεντάσσεται στο ρόστερ της ομάδας μας ο Σοφιάν Σερφά" [Sofyane Cherfa reinstated in our squad] (in Greek). AC Omonia. 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Τέλος και επίσημα Σερφά – Σέτι από τον Πανθρακικό" [Finally official – Seti to Panthrakikos] (in Greek). Sport 24. 11 January 2016. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Transferts: Mellouli et S. Cherfa arrivent au CSC" [Transfers: Mellouli and S. Cherfa arrive at CSC] (in French). DZFoot. 15 January 2016. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Jeunes: regroupement des "pros"" [Youngsters: "pros" regroup] (in French). DZFoot. April 2005. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Présélection de joueurs Algériens de France" [Preselection of Algerian players in France] (in French). DZFoot. April 2005. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Dupuis retrouve des amis" [Dupuis reunites with friends]. La Dépêche du Midi (in French). 18 November 2010. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "Sofyane Cherfa" (in French). L'Équipe. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "S. Cherfa". Soccerway. Retrieved 8 December 2015.