Sofmap Co., Ltd. (ソフマップ, Sofumappu) is one of the largest personal computer and consumer electronics retailers in Japan. In 2000, it was the second largest e-commerce company in the country. Bic Camera acquired a majority stake in Sofmap in 2006, and turned it into a wholly owned subsidiary in January 2010. Formerly listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange under the code 2690, Sofmap was delisted on 26 January 2010 after the transaction was completed.
- "Japan Telecom". 7 (5). Information Gatekeepers Inc. May 2001: 2. Cite journal requires
- Storz, Cornelia; Moerke, Andreas (2014). Competitiveness of New Industries: Institutional Framework and Learning in Information Technology in Japan, the U.S and Germany. Routledge. p. 182. ISBN 978-1-134-11742-0.
- Haak, René; Tachiki, Dennis S. (2004). Regional Strategies in a Global Economy: Multinational Corporations in East Asia. IUDICIUM Verlag. p. 216. ISBN 978-3-89129-848-0.
- "Bic Camera to turn Sofmap into subsidiary for 2 billion yen". The Japan Times. 2006-01-06. ISSN 0447-5763. Retrieved 2019-09-16.
- "Bic Camera: To Make Sofmap Wholly-Owned Unit". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2019-09-16.
- "List of Delisted Companies (2010)". Japan Exchange Group. Retrieved 2019-09-16.
- (in Japanese) Sofmap.com
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|