|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: SCT|
Number of locations
|Martin Hellawell (Chairman)|
Graeme Watt (CEO)
Graham Charlton (CFO)
|Revenue||£1.082 billion (2018)|
|£68.0 million (2018)|
|£55.006 million (2018)|
Number of employees
Softcat is a Marlow-based IT infrastructure provider founded by Peter Kelly in 1993. It has UK offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Leeds, Marlow, Southampton,Glasgow and Dublin. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
1993-2015: Softcat as a limited company
Founded originally as Wardswift, Softcat was founded by Peter Kelly on 30 March 1993 in High Wycombe, under its original business name 'Software Catalogue'. In December 2005, Martin Hellawell became Managing Director (Later CEO) of the company. In April 2006, the company moved its headquarters to Marlow.
2015-Present: Softcat as a public limited company
The company was the subject of an initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange in November 2015. In March 2016, the company was promoted to the FTSE 250 index. In March 2018, Hellawell stepped down as CEO and became Chairman. On 1 April 2018, Hellawell was replaced by Graeme Watt as CEO.
In 2016, Softcat opened an office in Glasgow, Scotland making it the company's first office outside of England. In 2018, it announced that it would be opening an office in Dublin, Ireland making it the company's first office outside of the United Kingdom.
Softcat has a 'Green Team' managed by CEO Graeme Watt, which has implemented energy efficient sensor lighting, tea bag recycling and a car pool scheme. Employees use a fleet of energy efficient 'car pool' cars to attend meetings. Its activity was featured on a Channel 4 documentary covering green credentials of UK businesses.
- "Prelimiary Results 2018" (PDF). Softcat. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "SOFTCAT PLC - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "SOFTWARE CATALOGUE PLC - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "Tech IPO Softcat sizzles on debut". Interactive Investor. 13 November 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "SOFTCAT PLC - Filing history (free information from Companies House)". Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "IT Services in Oxfordshire | Softcat". Softcat. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- Bambrough, Billy (2016-03-02). "Morrison's storms back into the FTSE 100". Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "Channel luvvie Martin Hellawell set to check out of Softcat. Sort of". Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Martin Hellawell on growth hotspots, why the reseller model is not dead, and why it's not in Softcat's interest to clone him | CRN". Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Martin Hellawell to step down as Softcat CEO, becoming chairman". BOLSAMANIA. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Softcat picks Graeme Watt as next CEO | CRN". Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "What will £450k buy you? A new CEO at Softcat". Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Softcat cuts ribbon on Glasgow office | CRN". Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Softcat receives keys to Irish office | CRN". Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "CRN". Channelweb.co.uk. 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2013-12-22.
- "Softcat does the Harlem Shake - 19 Mar 2013 - CRN UK News". Channelweb.co.uk. 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2013-12-22.
- "Channel Pro". Channel Pro. 2013-04-24. Retrieved 2013-12-22.
- "£236,000 raised at Softcat's charity ball for Dreams Come True". Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Green & Environment Programmes on TV - Green from". Channel4.com. Retrieved 2013-12-22.