|Ukraine, Western Europe, United States|
|Mr. Ruslan Olkhovsky (CEO)|
|Services||Software development, IT Business Process Outsourcing, Business Consulting, Mobile|
Number of employees
Softengi is Ukrainian IT outsourcing service provider established in 2009 as a spin-off of the Softline software development company, which was established by graduates of Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in 1995.
Softengi's main competencies are outsourcing software development, outsourcing of IT business processes, development of mobile applications, 3D modeling as well as providing customers its personnel for specific projects (IT-outstuffing). The company’s software engineers are certified by Microsoft and Oracle. The company's Project Managers are B and C level certified by The International Project Management Association.
Softengi is a part of the Intecracy Group - international IT-consortium with more than 600 IT specialists and a member of Hi-Tech Initiative, the European Business Association, USUBC, and IT Ukraine associations.
The company is a Microsoft Gold partner.
- 1995, "Softline" software development company was founded.
- In 1997 the company implements its first big project for the customer in the United States. In 1999, a distributed team of developers established to implement Java projects for U.S.-based customers. In 2001 "Softline" creates an exclusive software development center based on . Net technology for a customer in the United States. Created development center is successfully operating in Kiev today.
- In 2002, "Softline" started 3-years project on legacy systems reengineering and its transfer to new technology platform for European customer.
- In 2003, "Softline" receives the certificate of compliance with ISO 9001:2000 international quality standard.
- In 2004, the active work of "Softline" at the U.S. market started with the help of cooperation with Volia Software (USA) company.
- 2005 - certification for compliance with the Capability Maturity Model CMM level 3.
- In 2006, "Softline" opens its own 3D modeling studio.
- During 2007, "Softline" experts take part in international projects organized by the European Commission and the United Nations. The company is certified for compliance with the Capability Maturity Model CMMI Level 4.
- In 2008, "Softline" experts take part in the project for Ukrainian government, sponsored by the World Bank. Implemented first successful projects in Georgia, Kazakhstan and Russia.
- In 2009, Softengi company is established in Kiev, as a spin-off of "Softline". Softengi planned as a software developer with a narrow geographic scope - mainly U.S. and European markets. In the same year Softengi becomes part of Intecracy Group IT consortium.
- In 2010, Softengi established new software development department for iPhone / iPad.
- In 2011, the company received ISO 9001:2008 certificate of quality. Geography projects of up to 8 countries.
Softengi was developing projects using .Net, Java, web, 3D and mobile technologies (Android, iOS). The company has developed the management system for insurance companies in Switzerland, covering all needs of insurance company internal processes, performing calculations and generating documents.
The company also has improved the functionality of the internal credits system for the Bank of Georgia with its further transfer to Microsoft SharePoint 2010 platform. The major feature of the project was the absence of the Georgian language pack for MS SharePoint. Softengi localized the system for Georgian user interface.
The concept of development centers lies in establishment of the own customer’s software development center (DC) in popular outsourcing country, reducing with this the cost of services.
Softengi has established the biggest development center for the Enviance, Inc., the leading global provider of a web-based environment, health and safety compliance software as a service, based in California, USA. The system developed for the customer consisted of a number of software applications needed for end clients in SaaS model. In addition to this project, some traditional client‐server applications were analyzed, reengineered and deployed to SaaS environment. More than a million person-hours were dedicated to the project. It is still ongoing with more than 40 employees working for Enviance, Inc. from Kiev office.
The company has developed a number of mobile applications. Those applications do not belong to Softengi and are in property of respective customers.
Softengi developers have developed the Accelerometer application for iPhone, which is aimed to count steps with distance, speed and calculate the number of calories burned.
Softengi has developed the iCSound application for iPad. The application gives the user an opportunity to create own music, "see" the sound from various musical instruments and pre-composed loops mixed together. iCSound allows to mix up to 40 music loops with unlimited amount of audio effects.
Softengi developers have developed the country/city guide application for Android mobile devices for sightseeing of country/city with GPS, GoogleMaps, indicating the points of interest situated nearby. The integration with Layare (augment reality) allowed to see the necessary objects around (POIs, bus stations, restaurants, etc.), and add own POIs and places.
3D / Stereo Interactive complex
The 3D Studio of the company was created in 2004. During 8 years it has fulfilled 60 successful projects worldwide. The company developed high-quality photo-realistic cluster-based and laptop-based interactive 3D model of the Bombardier CH850 air jet interior in partnership with Eon Reality for Bombardier Inc. The project was implemented using EON Studio/ EON Professional environment in combination with EON I-Catcher technology and 3Ds Max environment used for modeling. The project was used by Bombardier at the EBACE convention in Geneva, May 2006.
Interactive Architectural Visualization
Softengi’s 3D Studio has developed Unity-based solution for architectural visualization, allowing construction companies and architectural firms to reduce by 40% the cost of 3D presentation development. Among the advantages of interactive 3D presentation:
- realistic images,
- complete freedom of user (user can walk, fly, open doors, look in the windows, etc.),
- ability to change the time of day for the presentation, lighting and even the weather conditions,
- all possible formats of data to accelerate the creation of the object (AutoCAD, Maya, and 3DS Max, SketchUp),
- instant view of changes without waiting for the results of rendering
- ability to take real time pictures of the future building and record video.
This technology allows to create not only exterior but also interior architectural visualization - utilities, furnishing, floors, parking lots and vehicles.
Softengi has implemented Augmented reality projects with Kinect sensor game controller. The augmented reality module using Kinect controller allows a user to interact without contact with the image through the body postures, capturing human movement at special points on the body, and thus carrying out a complete 3-dimensional recognition of body movements using the installed software.
Among the clients for various projects Softengi cooperates with large- and medium-sized companies from the United States, Ukraine, Russia, Switzerland, Georgia, Belgium:
- United States: The Structure Group, Syntex Management Systems, Peterbilt Inc., HedgeServ
- Switzerland: Ingersoll-Rand
- Georgia: Bank of Georgia
- Official web-page
- Softengi Project Managers got certified according to the IPMA
- Украинские аутсорсинговые компании выходят на ИТ-рынок Грузии
- Intecracy Group
- Softengi, LLC joins the Ukrainian High-Tech Initiative
- Softengi developed a solution which allows boosting the sales of computer equipment by 30%
- Softengi LLC Joins U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC)
- Ukrainian Programmers do Know English - Pilot Testing Results of IT Graduates
- Microsoft Partner/Solution finder
- / 2 iCSound by Softengi
- Softengi is certified ISO 9001:2008
- Госорганы Украины полностью перейдут на электронный документооборот к концу 2013 года
- Paata Letodiani: Outsourcing as trend for the future
- Environmental ERP
- iCSound 1.1
- Bombardier shuttles seen as corporate travel solution
- Effective Promotion of Architectural Design – Cutting-edge Interactive Architectural Visualization from Softengi
- The Augmented Reality Module for Product Demonstration by Softengi Increases Sales by 30%
- Softengi Launches A New Phase of Cooperation with JSC 'Bank of Georgia'