|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Christopher A. Howard (Founder & CEO).|
|Services||Hardware, embedded, mobile, web, desktop, IoT, blockchain, robotics, AR/VR solutions, and game apps|
Number of employees
Softeq Development Corporation is a full-stack development company focusing on low level programming (drivers, firmware), hardware (from PCBs to full-scale devices) and software apps for web, desktop, and mobile.
The company was founded by Christopher A. Howard in Houston, Texas, the United States, in 1997. The name “Softeq” originally implied “technical software” that used to be the core focus area of the company in its early days. In 2008, the company opened its branch in Minsk, Belarus, which became its development center, and now has 300 employees. Softeq Development is a resident of High Tech Park, a scientific and business cluster located in Minsk, Belarus.
Key industries served
- Software and Technology
- Industrial Automation
- Data Storage
- Healthcare and Life Science
- Media and Entertainment
- Consumer Electronics
- Retail and e-Commerce
Flash memory expertise
The company’s embedded software development department was a long-term partner of the world’s second-largest flash memory producer SK Hynix. In 2014, the chipmaker’s acquisition of the dedicated development center within Softeq led to the foundation of Softeq Flash Solutions LLC.The Softeq’s spin-off became part of SK Hynix's R&D center for flash memory products.
zGames LLC, the game development brand of Softeq, was launched in 2008. The company provides full-cycle game design and development services and delivers casual, mixed reality, educational, and gamblified titles. The key platforms targeted include mobile, desktop (including VR), web, and AR. zGames has also made a number of remakes of classic game titles, including Pong World and QIX Galaxy. In 2012, zGames won the Pong® Indie Developer Challenge by Atari.
DURATEQ ATV is a rugged handheld device, featuring Disney SyncLink Technology. The solution was built relying on content development services by MGBH Media Access Group and R&D efforts in the field of media accessibility for disabled people by the Accessible Learning and Assessment Technologies group of NCAM. DURATEQ is installed across multiple branches of the National Park Service, including George Washington's Mount Vernon, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, the World of Coca-Cola Museum in Florida, the Hall at Patriot Place in Foxborough, MA, AT&T Stadium in Dallas, and the National Museum of the American Indian.
- "Chris Howard - CEO-in-Houston". about.me. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Chris Howard - Softeq - Texas Business Radio". vimeo.com. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- "Belarus cracks the code for IT success". fdiintelligence.com. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- "Innovators create smart accessories for smart phones. By Purva Patel, HOUSTON CHRONICLE". Chron.com. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- "SK hynix acquires Softeq's firmware". koreaherald.com. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Postmortem: zGames' Pong World". gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Qix Galaxy Review". Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "CC Video: Disney ACCESS™ System". disneysynclink.com. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- "Disney ACCESS™: Handheld Device, Featuring Disney SyncLink™ Technology". disneysynclink.com. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Disney Unveils First-of-its-Kind Outdoor Audio Description Technology for Guests with Disabilities". ncam.wgbh.org. Retrieved 2015-07-08.
- "BADCast Special – Champions In Accessibility Interview With NCAM". blindabilities.com. Retrieved 2015-07-08.
- "Softeq Hearing and Visual Impairment Assistance Device". disabled-world.com. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- "Patriots' Museum Lets Deaf, Blind Experience Football". ablebody.com. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "Pats' hall of fame levels playing field". boston.com. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Cowboys Stadium to offer new devices to help visually or hearing-impaired fans". dallasnews.com. Retrieved 2010-01-22.
- "New Wireless Captioning System Debuts at Dallas Cowboys Stadium". gtri.gatech.edu. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- "Softeq Ramps Up Cowboys Stadium with Durateq Live". highbeam.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2015-04-24.