|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|acquired by Kofax plc - Sep 1, 2014|
|Daniel Geiger, Christian Hefner, Martin Oberholzer, Bradford Weller ,|
|Products||Software for capturing, maintaining and verification of handwritten signatures|
Number of employees
|70 (group worldwide) (2014-11-27)|
Kofax plc acquired Softpro on September 1, 2014.
The company is based in Böblingen, Germany with local subsidiaries in North America (Bear, Delaware), the United Kingdom (London), Asia-Pacific (Singapore, India (Chennai and Latin America (Chile). The group employs an international staff of 70 people.
Softpro has two major product segments: the "eSign Workflow" and "Fraud Prevention Solutions"
The "eSign Workflow" product line provides solutions for securing the authenticity and integrity of documents within electronic processes, such as those required for legal contracts. For this purpose, a unique signature technology is used to extract and evaluate both the static and dynamic (biometric) characteristics of handwritten signatures.
- Software Development Kit SignWare
- Document Security Software SignDoc
- Signature Capturing Device SignPad
"Fraud Prevention Solutions" allow to detect and prevent fraud in paper-based processes (such as payment transactions, in particular cheque fraud), as well as increasing operational efficiency using signature management and verification solutions.
The company was founded in 1983 by Heinz Reschke. It initially developed individual software solutions for various industries. Visual comparison of signatures supported by PCs was started in 1987, triggered by growing demand from major financial institutions. Shortly afterwards the development of automatic signature verification started along with IBM's labs in nearby Schönaich and APP Informatik Davos from Switzerland. The automatic verification is based on a neural network and fuzzy logic. The first automatic verification went into production in 1994 at Credit Suisse. Intellectual property rights for the automatic signature verification were acquired from IBM in 1998.
In recent years SOFTPRO extended its product range through a check fraud prevention suite branded FraudOne and products to create electronic signatures based on the use and verification of dynamic (biometric) characteristics of signatures.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Company website
- Website of Subsidiary SOFTPRO North America
- Info Security Magazine: SOFTPRO customer CECA receives TeleTrusT Innovation Award 2009 for E-Signing in Spanish Savings Banks 2009-10-14
- INTERPOL to set global standard in travel document security with new e-passport initiative 2009-09-21
- Bank Systems & Technology: Evolving Fraud Schemes Keep Pressure on Evolving Payments Instruments 2009-08-27 (The article quotes KeyBank about Softpro's Check Fraud Prevention Solutions)
- Financial Services Technology: Taking signatures seriously 2009-05
- Adobe: Description of partners for security software
- World of Photonics: The usage of handwritten biometric signatures in the digital world and its implications
- Newsdesk Sweden: Wacom LCD-signaturplatta: Säker lösning för digitala signaturer på Berliner Sparkasse 2007-11-01
- Analyst Frost and Sullivan about SOFTPRO 2007-10-17
- Microsoft: Microsoft Announces Winners of Tablet PC Developer Application Contest 2004-12-01
- Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN): Digital Ink Signatures - Concepts and Technologies 2004-10
- Tablet PC Talk: SOFTPRO wins Tablet PC Challenge 2004-02-25