Software industry in Telangana
The Indian state of Telangana has a significant amount of software export in India. While the majority of the industry is concentrated in Hyderabad, other cities are also becoming significant IT destinations in the state. In Hyderabad, the central region of the business happens in HITEC City, in the Madhapur suburb. Development of HITEC City prompted several IT and ITES companies to set up operations in the city, and has led civic boosters to call their city "Cyberabad." There have been extensive investments in digital infrastructure in Telangana. Hyderabad's IT exports exceeded $7 billion in 2014.
Telangana ICT policy
The Initiation of this Software Industry in Hyderabad was done in parallel to other major cities in India in the early 90's. Present Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR) created the Telangana IT policy 2016 along with four other policies in the presence of Governor ESL Narasimhan and NR Narayana Murthy, Chairman Emeritus, Infosys, leading IT sector players and captains of industry.
As per the vision statement of the Telangana ICT policy 2016, it is proposed to transform Telangana into the most preferred destination for any IT company which is planning a new facility and enable it to make it a global hub for technology entrepreneurship and innovation in the country.
This article needs to be updated.(February 2017)
Software companies with facilities in Telangana, as well as country of headquarters:
- 3i Infotech - India
- Accenture - Ireland
- Amazon - United States
- Analog Devices India - United States
- Ansys - United States
- Automatic Data Processing (ADP) - United States
- AT&T - United States
- Bank of America - United States
- Broadridge Financial Solutions - United States
- Capital IQ - United States
- Capgemini - France
- CDK Global - United States
- CGI Group - Canada
- Cigniti Technologies - India
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) - United States
- Computer Associates - United States
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) - United States
- Convergys - United States
- Covansys Corporation - United States
- Cyient - India
- Dell - United States
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu - United Kingdom
- EA Mobile - United States
- EA Sports - United States
- Etiris Softech - India
- Facebook - United States
- FactSet Research Systems - United States
- General Electric (GE) - United States
- Google - United States
- Hyundai Mobis - South Korea
- Honeywell - United States
- HCL - India
- Hewlett-Packard - United States
- HSBC-GLT - United Kingdom
- IBM - United States
- ICICI Bank - India
- Infosys - India
- Intergraph - United States
- Invensys - United Kingdom
- Juno Online Services - United States
- JDA Software - United States
- JPMorgan Chase - United States
- Kantar Group - United Kingdom
- Kaspersky - Russia
- Keane - United States
- Microsoft - United States
- Mindtree - India
- Pulsus Group - Canada
- Model N - United States
- Navayuga Infotech - India
- NetApp - United States
- NetCracker - United States
- NTT Data - Japan
- OpenText - Canada
- Oracle - United States
- Pegasystems - United States
- Polaris - India
- Progress Software - United States
- Qualcomm - United States
- Rhythm and Hues Studios - United States
- Salesforce Inc. - United States
- Cisco SecureNT - United States
- ServiceNow - United States
- Sierra Atlantic - United States
- Sumtotal Systems - United States
- Synopsys- United States
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) - India
- Tata Elxsi - India
- Tech Mahindra - India
- Teradata - United States
- Thomson Reuters - Canada
- Thoughtworks - United States
- UBS AG - Switzerland
- Unisys - United States
- Verizon Communications - United States
- Virtusa - United States
- Wells Fargo - United States
- Wipro Technologies - India
- Xilinx - United States
- DBS Bank - Singapore
Notable IT entrepreneurs
These entrepreneurs are from Telangana, India:
- Prem Watsa, Chairman and CEO of Fairfax Holdings, the Waren Buffet of Canada
- Shantanu Narayen, CEO of Adobe
- Ashok Soota, Ex-Chairman and Managing Director, Mindtree.
- Rajat Gupta, Managing Director, McKinsey & Co.
- Srini Raju Co-Founder and Chairman of Peepul Capital (successor to iLabs Venture Capital Fund), a Private Equity (PE) firm based out of Hyderabad and Chennai.
- Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft
- Contact Us, Regional Offices - South Asia: 3i-Infotech, retrieved March 22, 2017
- Locations - Asia Pacific - India - Hyderabad, Accenture, retrieved March 22, 2017
- "Analog Devices India MD". The Hindu Business Line. India. September 22, 2006. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- "Cyient, ANSYS ink MoU". The Hindu. India. February 23, 2017. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- "Cyient starts operations at Warangal facility". The Hindu. India. January 22, 2017. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Corporate Contact for Oracle India, India: Oracle, retrieved March 13, 2017
- "Pegasystems acquires Antenna Software". Business Standard. October 16, 2013.
- +Software+Lab+Ltd.&Ticker=PolarisSoft&MajorSector=1 "Super Specialty Center for Investment Banking" Check
- "Progress Software to expand R&D centre at Hyderabad". Business Standard. September 24, 2010. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- "Progress Software opens Pacific Incubator in Hyderabad". Business Standard. February 24, 2015. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- "Hitachi Consulting acquires Sierra Atlantic". The Times Of India. January 5, 2011.
- Sumtotal India, Bloomberg, retrieved March 12, 2017
- Media related to Telangana at Wikimedia Commons