Software industry in China
The software industry in China is the business of developing and publishing software and related services in China. The size of the industry including software and information services in 2013 was worth 3060 billion RMB (about $493 billion) according to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
The size of the offshore or export market for IT related services in 2015 reached about half of the entire Chinese offshore service outsourcing market of $87.29 billion. Exports of IT services are mainly driven by business from Japan followed by the US as a number of Chinese developers are able to develop software in Japanese.
- Software companies of China
- China Software Industry Association
- Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dalian Software Park
- "China's IT industry statistical data(in Chinese)". Apr 25, 2014.
- "China's service outsourcing grows in 2015". China Daily. January 20, 2016.
- Sigurdson, Jon. and Jiang, Jiang. “Technological superpower China” by Jon Sigurdson; in collaboration with Jiang Jiang ... [et al.] Edward Elgar Pub., Northampton, MA: 2005.
- "ChinaSoft first half revenue up 21pc on IT outsourcing growth". South China Morning Post. August 23, 2016.
- "Blackstone Shops Chinese Tech Outsourcing Firm Pactera to Potential Buyers". Wall Street Journal. February 1, 2016.