Software quality analyst
A software quality analyst is responsible for applying the principles and practices of software quality assurance throughout the software development life cycle. Though often referred to as "quality assurance", software testing is considered to be only one part of the larger process of reducing errors. Testing is used to detect errors in a product; software quality assurance also fixes the processes that resulted in those errors.
Roles in Software Quality Assurance are designated as Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Software Quality Analyst,
Some of the tasks of software quality analysts are:
- Participate in QMS management review meetings.
- Approves the QMS documents of which QA manager is the main author.
- Undertake internal quality audits.
- Plan and conduct quality audits of subcontractors.
- Maintain and update training and audit databases to provide reports / indicators for discussion during QMS management review meetings
- Identify problems or deficiencies in products and QMS.
- Resolve problems QMS implementation issues.
- Perform Internal Quality Audit.
- Participate in External Quality Audit.
- Track all the software related metrics in terms of schedule,effort,defects etc.
- Review the model followed by project.