Sofya Gulyak (born in Kazan, 1979) is a Russian classical pianist.
Gulyak studied at the Kazan State Conservatoire, Piano Academy Incontri col Maestro, and the Royal College of Music. In 2006 she won first prize in the Sigismund Thalberg International Piano Competition. In 2007 she won the William Kapell Competition and shared the Concorso F. Busoni second prize with Dinara Nadzhafova. Gulyak was the winner of the 2008 Washington International Competition of the Friday Morning Music Club, and also won ISANGYUN Competition 2008. In 2009, she won the 1st prize in the Leeds International Pianoforte Competition. She is the first female winner of the competition.
- "Sofya Gulyak". RCM. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Sofya Gulyak - WINNER - 2007 William Kapell International Piano Competition & Festival.". Claire Smith Performing Arts Center at Maryland.
- "A Rach Star Is Born: Gulyak Wins Kapell Competition". The Washington Post. July 23, 2007.
- "Sofya Guliak e Dinara Nadzhafova, 2° premio ex aequo 56. edizione del Concorso Busoni". Fondazione Concorso Pianistico Internazionale Ferruccio Busoni.
- "Piana Competition Results 2008". Alink-Argerich Foundation. 2008.
- "Sofya Guliak, 1st Prize Winner of Isang Yun Competition 2008". Tongyeong International Music Festival Foundation (재단법인 통영국제음악제).
|This article on a Russian classical pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|