|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
"The Deepest Discount Broker"
|Privately held company|
|Founded||South Carolina in 1986|
|Headquarters||New York, New York|
|Jonathan Yao (CEO), Dennis Maloney (President)|
|Products||Online investing, Stock broker|
SogoTrade is a brokerage firm based in New York, New York. The company provides services for individuals and institutions that are investing online. The company offers a platform for the purchase and sale of financial securities including common stocks, preferred stocks, futures contracts, exchange-traded funds, options, mutual funds, and fixed income investments. It also provides margin lending, and cash management services.
The firm was founded in March 1986 as Coastal Investments Associates, LTD in the State of South Carolina. The name was changed to Wang Investment Associates, Inc. in 1992. The firm operated as a traditional brokerage firm providing investment recommendations to its clients.
In 1999, William Yeh founded Genesis Securities.
In June 2006, Genesis Securities launched SogoTrade as an online stock brokerage firm. The Chinese version of the SogoTrade website launched in 2008.
In 2010, Wang Investment Associates, Inc. purchased the SogoTrade name and retail accounts from Genesis Securities.
In 2013, Jonathan Yao, former President of Scottrade Hong Kong LTD, led a group that acquired Wang Investment Associates, Inc. and purchased the SogoTrade online trading platforms.
In January 2014, Mr. Yao was named the CEO of the company and changed the name of the corporation to SogoTrade, Inc.
Trading tools and software
SogoTrade offers 5 trading platforms:
- SogoOnline – Simple All-In-One trading platform for stocks, ETFs and options.
- SogoTrader – Customizable platform providing the tools and controls most traders need.
- SogoOptions – Customizable Option Trading Platform with streaming quotes, analysis and risk management.
- SogoMobile – Simple and intuitive browser based mobile stock and ETF trading platform allows traders to stay in touch with the markets when they are on the go.
- SogoElite – Trading application platform designed for highly capitalized and active traders. It supports experienced traders with time and sales, advanced dynamic charting, and backtesting.