Sohai Ali Abro
|Sohai Ali Abro|
|Born||Sohai Ali Abro|
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
Sohai Ali Abro (Urdu: سہائی علی ابڑو Sindhi: سھائي علي ابڙو) is a Pakistani actress, dancer and model, who appears in Pakistani serials and films. She is known for her roles in serials such as Geo TV's Saat Pardon Mein (2012), Hum TV's Tanhai (2013), Khoya Khoya Chand, Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se (2013) and ARY Digital's serial Pyaray Afzal (2014). Abro made her film debut with a supporting role in the 2013 romantic drama Anjuman. Her performance earned her a nomination in the Best Supporting Actress category at Tarang Housefull Awards. Her other films includes Wrong No. and Jawani Phir Nahi Ani (2015) and Motorcycle Girl (2018).
Abro was born in Larkana, Sindh, to a Sindhi family. She is the youngest of her brother and a sister. Her both parents, who were professionally medical officers, died of natural death, when Abro was still a nine-years old.
Abro spent her younger days in Hyderabad, Sukkur and Islamabad. Eventually she moved to Karachi, where she pursued her studies, and later her interest in the theater made her popular with prominent names in the showbiz industry.
Abro made her acting debut with Geo TV serial Saat Pardon Mein opposite Mikaal Zulfiqar and Alyy Khan. She did a dance-performance for a reality show on ARY Digital's Naach. She also appeared in the telefilm Rangraiz Meray, which was aired on Hum TV. Later she appeared in the serial Tanhai opposite Goher Mumtaz, Ayesha Omar, Azfar Rehman, Saba Hameed and Arisha Razi, airing on Hum TV and Kyun Hai Tu opposite Mikaal Zulfiqar and Neelam Muneer which aired on Geo Kahani.
Abro made her film debut with Yasir Nawaz's Anjuman, for which she was nominated for a Tarang Housefull Awards in the Best Supporting Actress category. In 2015, she acted in two Pakistani films, Wrong No. and Jawani Phir Nahi Ani, both of which were box-office hits. In 2018, she appeared in biographical drama film Motorcycle Girl, which was based on the life of female motorcyclist Zenith Irfan. It was her first major role in a film, and she received praise from critics for her performance, with Dawn.com states ''Sohai plays the role of the disillusioned but fierce and determined young adult honestly and endearingly. She is charismatic and so, so relatable. This is her shining moment, the role she'll be remembered for.'' Although the film was a critical success, it flopped commercially.
|Denotes films / dramas that have not been released yet|
|2013||Anjuman||Roodra||Remake of Anjuman (1970 film)|
|Jawani Phir Nahi Ani||Zoya|||
|2018||Motorcycle Girl||Zenith Irfan|
|TBA||Love, London, Sialkot||TBA||Pre-production|
|2012||Manjali||Sania||Aired on Geo TV|
|Saat Pardon Mein||Darakshanday Badar||Aired on Geo Entertainment|
|2013||Tanhai||Jehan Ara (Jiya)||Aired on Hum TV|
|Kyun Hai Tu||Saira||Aired on Geo Kahani|
|Kahaani Ek Raat Ki||Huma||Appeared in Episode "Daagh" on ARY Digital|
|Khoya Khoya Chand||Angabeen||Aired on Hum TV|
|1st Hum Awards||Host||Hum Awards pre-show on Hum TV|
|Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se||Gaiti||Aired on Hum TV|
|2014||Pyaray Afzal||Yasmeen||Aired on ARY Digital|
|Shadi Ke Baad||Alishba||Telefilm on Hum TV|
|Bhabhi||Saba||Aired on ARY Digital|
|Dhol Bajne Lage||Sohai||Aired on Hum TV|
|De Ijazat Jo Tu||Ayla|
|2017||Kaise Yeh Paheli||Milli||Aired on Urdu 1|
|Adhi Gawahi||Salwa||Aired on Hum TV|
Awards and nominations
|Tarang Houseful Awards|
|2014||Anjuman||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|ARY Film Awards|
|2016||Jawani Phir Nahi Ani||ARY Film Award for Best Actress||Won|
- "Going the distance with Sohai". DAWN. Fouzia Nasir Ahmad. 1 January 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Sohai Ali Abro a new actress". fashions.com.pk. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Sohai Ali Abro's biography and casts". tv.com.pk. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Who is the REAL Sohai...?". myfashionfix.com. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- "Sohai Ali in Saat Pardon Mein". Geo TV. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Dancing debacle at Karachi". The Express Tribune. May 13, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Sohai in dancing video Naach". Daily Times. April 21, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Sohai Ali Abroo shares her journey on becoming "Motorcycle Girl"". Daily Pakistan Global. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Chagani, Anum Rehman (2018-04-20). "Motorcycle Girl isn't the film I expected but it isn't bad either". Images. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- "Box Office Review: Is 'Motorcycle Girl' off to a speedy start?". Something Haute. 2018-04-23. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- "Would love to work with Kareena Kapoor Khan: Humayun Saeed - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2017-09-05. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "Sohai Ali Abro signs Fahim Burney's second film 'Love, London, Sialkot'". DAWN Images. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.