1 May 1963
|Occupation||Actor, producer, director and writer|
|Known for||Comedy Satire|
|Television||Hasb e Haal comedy show 2009 - Present|
|Pride of Performance Award Recipient|
|Date||23 March 2011|
|Country||Islamic Republic of Pakistan|
|Presented by||Asif Ali Zardari, President of Pakistan|
Sohail Ahmed (born 1 May 1963), best known as Azizi (Urdu: عزیزی), is a Pakistani comedian and stage and TV actor. He is notable for comedy stage and TV dramas based in Lahore. He also appears in a popular Dunya TV show Hasb-e-Haal.
He improvises dialogue during stage plays. In January 2009, Sohail plays the character Azizi in the show Hasb-e-Haal on Dunya News, where he does humorous commentary on current affairs and other topics. Most of the TV shows that he has acted in have been on Pakistan Television Corporation. Sohail Ahmed prefers to use unplanned dialogue during comedy shows.
Sovay Laal Stage Drama
List of television shows
Awards and honors
- Pride of Performance Award by the President of Pakistan in 2011
- Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Star of Excellence) Award by the President of Pakistan in 2013
- Sohail Ahmed's 2011 Pride of Performance Award on The Express Tribune newspaper, Published 22 March 2011, Retrieved 26 September 2017
- Pamment, Claire. Comic Performance in Pakistan: The Bhānd (illustrated ed.). Springer, 2017. p. 207. ISBN 1137566310. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- Profile of TV comedian Sohail Ahmed on tv.com.pk website, Retrieved 26 September 2017
- Anne Geniets (February 2011). Trust in international news media in partially free media environments (PDF) (Report). Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism. p. 67. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Profile of Sohail Ahmed on urduwire.com website, Retrieved 26 September 2017
- Profile of TV Comedian Sohail Ahmed on pak101.com website, Retrieved 26 September 2017
- Sohail Ahmed's Sitara-i-Imtiaz Award listed on The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 14 August 2012, Retrieved 26 September 2017
|This Pakistani biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|