Dr. Sohan Roy
|Known for||Aries Group of Companies|
Roy is also the director of the film DAM999 whose screenplay was added to the permanent core collection in the library of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. His Aries group has taken over actor Mohanlal's Vismayas Max studio complex, Kerala's first DTS studio, situated at Thiruvananthapuram. He has decades of experience in executing naval architectural engineering & design projects all over the world with a Guinness Book Entry for the longest Snake boat design and several other creative designs like BOTEL, Topless Ships etc. He also holds a global reputation as Director, Creative Head of award winning films & documentaries and Project Designer of World’s second CSR movie – Aickarakkonathe Bhishaguaranmaar.
He is the Director of Hollywood venture DAM999, founder-director of Concept Indywood, the USD 10 billion project, Founder President of Indywood Billionaires Club, author of 'Anukavyam' and concept creator of the revolutionary efficiency improvement system called EFFISM (Efficiency Improvement System Management).
Roy is also a poet and author of thought provoking and realistic poems in Malayalam that celebrate social diversity of human intellect, mind and belief. Expressing his take on significant developments that affect our communities conscience, he has been writing 4 line short poetry, popularly known as 'Anukavyam' every day for the past 2 years.
Recently, Roy was honored with the Honorary Professional Doctorate Certificate in Global Leadership and Management by European International University (EIU), Paris. He has 6 International technical paper presentations and 25 fully developed creative research products to his credit. Aries International Maritime Research Institute (AIMRI) is the latest in the row of his creative Concepts.
Early life and career
Sohan Roy started his career as a Marine engineer, and later worked as a marine surveyor at several companies worldwide.
He started Aries Marine & Engineering Services in 1998, as the flagship unit of Aries Group of Companies, an ISO certified naval architecture and marine engineering consultancy in the Middle East that provides a comprehensive range of technical consultancy and project management services to the maritime industry and ship owners worldwide. Headquartered in Sharjah, UAE, Aries Group is now a conglomerate of 57 establishments in 15 countries.
He is one of the most influential personalities in the Middle East for nearly a decade. He diversified from its humble beginning as a Naval Architect into fields as varied as Maritime, Entertainment, 3D Technology, IT, Media, Multiplexes, Healthcare, and Tourism. He has decades of experience in Creative Projects Execution, including the First Maritime Global TV channel Marine BizTV, the world's first healthcare channel, Medi BizTV, and Indywood TV, an exclusive TV channel the promotion of film and film festivals. As an internationally recognized Naval Architect and Hollywood director, his creative works have brought him an entry to Oscars and Guinness Book. He is also the President of the International Maritime Club (IMC), the world's largest Maritime Organization.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Received Honorary Professional Doctorate Certificate in Global Leadership and Management by European International University (EIU), Paris
- Bestowed with Satyan National Film Award 2020 by Gandhi Bhavan Tust
- Bestowed with Malayala Puraskaram 2020
- Bestowed with Vayalar Pravasi Sahitya Award 2019
- Presented with Lalithambika Antharjanam Award - 2018
- Listed amongst the Top 50 Indian Business Leaders in the Arab World by Forbes 2015 - 2019
- Presented with UAE India Business Excellency Awards conducted by IMBC UAE Financial Professionals
- Bestowed with Business Acharya Award 2020 by E-unnati
- Bestowed with Nehru Group of Institutions Excellence Awards – Businessman of the year
- Bestowed with International expat puras of Global Malayali Federation
- Member- International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (IEMMY)
- Bestowed with Indian Achievers Award 2017 for Business Excellence
- Bestowed with Acharya Hasti Karuna Employer Award 2016
- Bestowed with International Business Excellence (IBE) Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2016 by Unique Times
|2011||Dams: The Lethal Water Bombs||English||Director, producer||Documentary|||
|2018||Aickarakkonathe Bhishaguaranmaar (Physicians of Aickarakkonam)||Malayalam||Project design & lyrics|
|TBA||Mmmmm (The Sound of Pain)||Malayalam||Producer|
- Galas, Marj (27 May 2016). "India Group Tubthumps Indywood Film Carnival". Variety. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Dam999 screenplay added to Oscar's Library". The Times of India. 2 November 2011. Archived from the original on 7 July 2012.
- "Dam 999 goes to the Oscar library". Rediff.com. 3 November 2011.
- "Mohanlal's Vismayas Max Studio taken over by Aries group". Indian Express. 11 July 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Aickarakkonathe Bhishaguaranmaar wins best film award in Italy, Sohan Roy urges industry to encourage fresh faces". Ibtimes. 17 May 2019.
- "Top Indian Leaders in the Arab World 2015: Sohan Roy". Forbes. 17 May 2019.
- "Sohan Roy features in Top 100 Indian Business Owners 2018 by Forbes Middle East". East Coast Daily. 16 May 2018.
- "Dam 999 director Sohan Roy makes it to Forbes Middle East top powerful list". ibtimes. 5 July 2019.
- "Indywood's Billionaires Club: 50 tycoons from 100 countries to attend Sohan Roy's gala meet". ibtimes. 8 November 2017.
- "Making India great again: Dr. Sohan Roy's magnanimous vision of US$1 = 1INR". Forbes India. 22 October 2020.
- ""Anu Kavyam" a collection gems of Poetry - Sohan Roy a business tycoon turned into a passionate poet". igbnews. 19 April 2018.
- "Sohan Roy's Anukavyam launched". Asianlite. 20 April 2018.
- "1000 DAYS, 1000 SHORT POEMS: SOHAN ROY CREATES HISTORY". Indywood TV. 13 August 2020.
- "Sohan Roy to receive "Professional Doctoral Certificate Award" from EIU". Aries. 29 February 2019. Check date values in:
- "Director DAM999 Sohan Roy Awarded With Indira Gandhi Sadbhavana Award 2013". Metro Matinee. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "A documentary based in India wins three award". IBN Live. 8 July 2011. Archived from the original on 26 May 2011.
- Ramakrishnan, T (12 December 2011). "Sohan Roy presents his case before T.N. official". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 January 2017.