Sohee in 2007
June 27, 1992
Seoul, South Korea
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Also known as||Sohee, Mandu Sohee|
|Revised Romanization||An So-hui|
Ahn So-hee (Korean: 안소희; Chinese: 安昭熙; Japanese: アンソヒ, born June 27, 1992), commonly known as Sohee, is a South Korean idol actress, singer, dancer, model and MC. She was the visual, and former member of the popular South Korean girl group Wonder Girls, which debuted under JYP Entertainment in 2007.
Life and career
Early life and music career
Sohee was born on June 27, 1992. She was selected through auditions and at the age of 12, she became a JYP trainee. During her pre-debut, Sohee and other two members Yeeun and Sunmi performed a cover of Janet Jackson's "Together Again". In 2007, Sohee made her debut with the Wonder Girls, a girl group managed by JYP Entertainment after two years of training. The group debuted with the single "Irony", featuring Sohee as a dancer and vocalist with the group.
In an official JYP Entertainment announcement, it was revealed Sohee would not renew her contract with the company, thus ending her six-year membership as part of the Wonder Girls. Her contract with the company expired on December 21, 2013.
Sohee is also an accomplished model, and has shown great interest in both acting and modeling outside of Wonder Girls. She has been featured in various fashion magazines, including Numero, Vogue Elle Girl COSMOPOLITAN CeCi Dazed & Confused Oh Boy! Marie Claire and W
In 2011, Sohee was participated in 'Vision of Beauty' advertisement campaign for Lancome's newest cosmetic line, Visionnaire. As the line focuses on anti-aging, Sohee was filmed with a natural look and glowing skin. She was complimented by Lancome staff, who noted that she was "naturally confident," and used a "variety of stunning facial expressions", as well as for the maturity she displayed while filming.
At the beginning of 2012, Sohee, along with YB's Yoon Do-hyun, Jaurim's Kim Yuna, TVXQ's Yunho, 2PM's Nichkhun, Sulli, actress Lee Min-jung, actor Jang Hyuk, Park Joong-hoon and Ahn Sung-ki, participated in the Good Downloader Campaign that being led by Gaon Chart for a new effort against piracy. A representative from the '2012 Good Downloader Campaign' commented, "They wanted to get the message across that pirating movies and music is definitely not okay, but to also make people think about pirating in a more broad sense including things like television programs, characters, and sportswear".
On February 2012, Sohee was selected as the endorsement model for the Tommy Hilfiger Denim fashion brand. On Mac 2012, Sohee appeared and made a transformation into a stunning woman in an endorsement pictorial for the famous international make up brand MAC as they launching six new shades of peaches and pinks designed specifically for Asian skin palettes. In the same year, Sohee and JJ Project have been selected as models for sportswear brand Reebok's GL 6000 series.
On May 2013, Sohee was chosen as the model for Cheil's fashion label, 8seconds summer line. In 2014, Sohee become the first model of new cosmetics brand VDL that launched by LG Life & Health last year. In March 2014, Sohee and BIGBANG's T.O.P become the new modeling couple for Reebok's EX-O-FIT and Freestyle shoes.
In 2015, Sohee become a model for cosmetics brand shu uemura's Laque Supreme. Sohee rocking out the twelve bold colors of their Laque Supreme lip tint. The vivid colors ranging from red to fuchsia and the softer shades ranging from pink to coral. In the same year, Sohee has been chosen to endorsed Reebok Classic's Furylite shoes.
Sohee made her acting debut at the age of 14 with a minor role in a short film The Synesthesia For Overtone Construction directed by Yu Dae-eol in 2004. She acted as a deaf girl in that short film.
In early 2008, Sohee make her big screen debut as the lead role alongside Lee Mi-sook and Kim Min-hee in her first movie Hellcats (also known as I Like It Hot). This movie is directed by Kwon Chil-in who directed 'Singles' in 2003 and adapted from popular Korean comic, “10, 20 and 30”. It revolve around modern Korean girls views towards their attitudes to love and life. During the filming of Hellcats, Sohee was sidelined for a month after tearing a knee ligament in a fall from a running motorcycle.
On September 18, 2008, Sohee and Kim Hye-seong were appointed as joint ambassadors of the 2nd Seoul International Family Film Festival (SIFFF).
On September 30, 2008, Sohee take on filming a MBC sitcom Here He Comes (also known as That Person is Coming) as a cameo appearance. She will act as Mal-hee, the first love of the main character Lee Jae-young, played by Jung Jae-yong. Her cameo appearance will be shown on October 14, episode 7.
In May 2010, it was announced that Sohee alongside Wonder Girls members would be making a cameo appearance in the movie The Last Godfather. This movie is a collaborative effort of a team from both Korea and the United States that was filmed in Los Angeles this spring.
On July 2, 2013, KBS representative revealed, "Sohee will be appearing in Happy! Rose Day alongside Jung Woong-in, which is a drama about a girl in her early 20s who works at a flower shop". The special drama is being produced by PD Kim Young-jo, who has also worked on 'Cinderella's Sister' and 'Hong Gil-dong'. This drama will be Sohee's first lead role and is scheduled to air August on KBS2.
In 2014, after leaving Wonder Girls and former agency JYP Entertainment, Sohee signed with the management agency, BH Entertainment. On October 2014, Sohee has been cast in the new tvN romantic comedy drama Heart to Heart. Sohee will play a character as aspiring actress and a little sister of the male lead, Chun Jung-myung. This drama also starred by Choi Kang-hee as the female lead. It being produced by PD Lee Yoon-jung and will become her first project since she left MBC for CJ E&M in May. This drama is set to premiere on January 9, 2015.
In late 2014, it has been revealed that Sohee will made a cameo in the film C'est si bon. According to a film representative on October 20, "Sohee has already finished filming for her cameo role in the film". C'est si bon is a romantic comedy and melodrama film that follows the legendary group “Twin Folio” and the love story of their muse. This film is slated for release next year.
In March 2015, Sohee made a big screen comeback after a seven-year hiatus in the zombie movie, Busan Bound. This film was directed by Yeon Sang-ho and the production staff included others that were getting attention as they had participated in very successful movies, such as 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents', 'The Attorney', 'Masquerade', 'Hwayi: A Monster Boy', and 'Ode to My Father'. This film is about the chaos that happens inside a KTX train on its way to Busan as a strange virus begins to spread in Korea. Sohee will act as Jin-hee, a high school student and a loyal supporter of the baseball team. She will be having a sweet love line with Choi Woo-shik. Other actor that also participated in this film is Gong Yoo, Ma Dong-seok, Jung Yu-mi and Kim Soo-ahn. This movie will begin filming in mid-April and set to be released at the end of this year.
|2004||The Synesthesia For Overtone Construction||Deaf girl||Short film|
|2008||Hellcats||Kim Kang-ae||Lead role with Lee Mi-sook and Kim Min-hee|
|2010||The Last Godfather||Cameo||Cameo appearance with Wonder Girls|
|2015||C'est si bon||Cameo|
|2007||Show! Music Core||Host||MBC||with Hyuna and Brian Joo|
|2007–2008||with Sunye and Big Bang's T.O.P|
|2008||Here He Comes||Mal-hee (Cameo)|
|2011||Music Bank||Special host||KBS||with Sunye, Tim, Shindong, Yubin and Minho|
|2013||Happy! Rose Day||Ah-reum||KBS2|
|2015||Heart to Heart||Go Se-ro||tvN|
Music video appearances
|2009||Without a Heart||8Eight||Vampire girl|
|2010||Love Sick||San E||Nurse|
|2012-2013||Tommy Hilfiger Denim|
|Reebok GL 6000||with JJ Project (2012)|
|Reebok Train Winter Breaker||with Jang Gi-yong|
|Reebok Classic Winter Jacket|
|Reebok EX-O-FIT and Freestyle||with T.O.P|
|2015||shu uemura Laque Supreme|
|Reebok Classic Furylite|
On September 18, 2008, Sohee and Kim Hye-seong were appointed as joint ambassadors of the 2nd Seoul International Family Film Festival (SIFFF). According to the SIFFF 2008 organizers, “The Seoul International Family Film Festival is an event where we hope to catch the attention of the nation. And to make it more attractive, we decided on a young actor and actress as ambassadors. We believe that they fit in with our festival image and we anticipate seeing them in future promotional events as SIFFF ambassadors.
Awards and nominations
||Best Face 2nd Place||N/A||Won|
||Hot School Girl||N/A||Won|
||Best New Actress||Hellcats||Nominated|
||Most Cute and Gorgeous Lady||N/A||Nominated|
- Mark Russell (29 April 2014). K-Pop Now!: The Korean Music Revolution. Tuttle Publishing. p. 80. ISBN 978-1-4629-1411-1.
- 원더걸스, 첫 쇼케이스서 '열정의 신고식' (in Korean). My Daily. 13 February 2009. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- "Wonder Girl’s Sohee Will Not Be Renewing Her Contract with JYP". Soompi. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- "JYP Entertainment Reveals Length of Contracts for 2PM, miss A, and Others". Soompi. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- Sohee becomes a rocker for VOGUE Girl. allkpop. March 19, 2012.
- (Korean) 소희 화보 청바지에 흰티 입었을 뿐인데..몸매가 패션 살리네[포토엔]. Nate. March 19, 2012.
- (Korean) 원걸 소희 "깨끗한 피부 유지 비법은 가벼운 화장". Nate. June 20, 2012.
- Wonder Girls’ Sohee reveals her secret to beautiful skin. allkpop. June 20, 2012.
- (Korean)원더걸스 소희, 데님화보 공개! '11자 각선미' 눈길. Nate. August 20, 2012.
- Wonder Girls’ Sohee looks chic in denim for Cosmopolitan magazine. allkpop. August 20, 2012.
- Wonder Girls’ Sohee graces the cover of ‘CeCi Magazine’. allkpop. February 21, 2012.
- (Korean) 소희 풍선껌 물고 깜찍 표정 ‘최강 귀요미’[포토엔]. Newsen. February 21, 2012.
- Sohee for Dazed and Confused. allkpop. July 20, 2010.
- (Korean) 소희, 화보 표지 장식…콘셉트는 '깨끗한 팜므 파탈'. Nate. July 24, 2012.
- Wonder Girls’ Sohee receiving attention for latest pictorial in Oh! Boy. allkpop. January 30, 2012.
- (Korean) 소희 화보, 뚱한 표정+미키마우스 머리띠 '그래도 섹시한 하의실종'. Nate. January 30, 2012.
- Wonder Girls’ Sohee puts on her poker face for ‘W Korea’. allkpop. March 21, 2013.
- Wonder Girls’ Sohee for Lancome’s ‘Vision of Beauty’. allkpop. August 11, 2011.
- (Korean) 원걸 소희, 흑발+도자기 피부 '신비한 매력'. NATE. August 11, 2011.
- (Korean) 2012 굿 다운로더 캠페인, 무비 스타와 K-POP 스타가 뭉쳤다!. Star Daily News. January 31, 2012 (Tuesday) - 11:11:14.
- Wonder Girls’ Sohee models for Tommy Hilfiger’s new denim line. allkpop. February 14, 2012.
- (Korean) 소희 황금비율 우월한 뒤태 ‘관능미 입었다’ [포토엔]. NATE. February 15, 2012.
- (English) Springtime for MAC with Wonder Girls’ Sohee. MTV Iggy. March 16, 2012. By Corynn Smith.
- (English) Sohee Purrs for MAC Cosmetics. Mwave. March 16, 2012 - 10:08.
- (Korean) “올 겨울은 소희처럼!” 강추위 날리는 ‘로맨틱 스포츠룩’. Wstar News. November 22, 2012 - 10:06.
- (Korean) 소희, 섹시·도도한 매력! 가녀린 허리라인 '최고'. Moyiza News. May 6, 2013 - 12:25.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee Shows Off Sexy and Slim Waistline for 8seconds. Soompi. May 6, 2013.
- (Korean) 안소희, VDL 모델 발탁. Asiae News. February 24, 2014 - 08:58.
- (Korean) LG생활건강 화장품 브랜드 VDL, 안소희 모델 발탁. Ntoday News. February 24, 2014 - 16:31:15.
- (Korean) 연예계 최고의 패셔니스타 안소희와 탑(TOP)이 만났다!. DCnews. May 15, 2014 - 15:43.
- (Korean) 리복 클래식 "소희의 프리스타일, 탑의 엑소핏". Etoday. June 13, 2014 - 07:18.
- (Korean) 슈에무라 브랜드 최초의 틴트 라커 출시... 안소희 지원 사격. Daily Cosmetic. January 19, 2015.
- (English) Sohee is a chic city lady in new 'Reebok Classic' CF. allkpop. September 11, 2015 @ 8:16 pm.
- Park, Eun-kyung (June 25, 2007). 원더걸스 소희, 촬영 중 오토바이 사고 (in Korean). Joynews24. Retrieved August 27, 2007.
- 8Eight “Without a Heart” MV featuring Vampire Sohee. allkpop. March 10, 2009.
- San-E reveals mystery male lead in new music video starring Sohee. allkpop. October 28, 2010.
- Sohee transforms into a nurse for “Love Sick”. allkpop. October 31, 2010.
- "Sohee Joins BH Entertainment Alongside Lee Byung Hun, Go Soo, Han Ga In, and More". Mwave. February 10, 2014.
- (English) Sohee Warms Up For Official Screen Comeback With Cameo Role in Film “C’Est Si Bon”. Soompi. October 21, 2014
- (English) Gong Yoo, Jung Yoo Mi, Sohee, Choi Woo Sik and More Confirmed for New Film. Mwave. April 7, 2015 - 17:48.
- "Sohee, KeyEast exclusive contract with active warning". TenAsia. September 30, 2015.
- Wonder Girls’ Sohee & Sunye + Tim to emcee this week’s ‘Music Bank’. allkpop. November 17, 2011.
- (Korean) 원더걸스,'뮤뱅' 일일 MC 발탁.. "연말까지 임시체제". StarNews. November 17, 2011.
- 17th Buil Film Awards Nominations.
- Media Awards 2011 nominees has just been released. Korean Entspy. September 28, 2011.