November 11, 1983 |
|Other names||Sora Aoi|
|Height||1.55 m (5 ft 1 in)|
Sola Aoi or, more often, Sora Aoi (Japanese: 蒼井そら, Aoi Sora, literally Blue Sky), is the stage name of a Japanese AV idol, nude model, and film and television actress. Her popularity as an adult video actress has led to celebrity status as a media personality in Japan and abroad.
Life and career
Early life and AV debut
Sola Aoi was born on November 11, 1983, in Tokyo. As a student, she worked at various part-time jobs in the food-service industry, such as pizza parlors, pubs and sushi bars with the intent of becoming a pre-school teacher. While in her third year in high school, Aoi was scouted in Shibuya by a talent agency for gravure modelling. She decided to enter the adult entertainment industry with the aim of eventually working on TV and in other parts of the entertainment industry, stating that "If there was only the AV industry, I couldn’t do it."
When asked how her stage name was chosen, Aoi explained: "My agency asked what color I liked. I said blue [aoi in Japanese]. He also asked what I like in general. I said sky [sora in Japanese]. So, she chose Aoi Sora."
Aoi appeared as a gravure idol in the June 2002 issue of Bejean and then made her debut in adult videos (AV) at age eighteen in July 2002, with Happy Go Lucky! for the Alice Japan studio, part of the Kuki Inc. group which was one of Japan's largest producers of pornography at the time. The next month, she appeared in the AV The Blue Sky on the Samansa label for the Max-A studio, also part of the Kuki group. For her video appearances in 2002, Aoi was awarded the Second Place Award as Best New Actress in the 2002 X City Grand Prix Awards. Aoi continued making videos for both Alice Japan and Max-A for almost two-and-a-half years until late 2004.
While continuing to perform in hardcore AVs, Aoi also appeared in the first video release of the Shuffle company's new label Believe. Entitled The Naked Body, this June 2003 release was an "image video", which has nude modeling but features no sex.
Into mainstream entertainment
During this period, Aoi also started making appearances in mainstream media. In May 2003, she had a role in the theatrical release Gun Crazy 4: Requiem for a Bodyguard and from July to December 2003, Aoi had a role in the TV Asahi J-dorama Tokumei Kakarichō Tadano Hitoshi. For her starring role in the pink film, Tsumugi (制服美少女 先生あたしを抱いて Seifuku bishōjo: Sensei atashi wo daite?), released to theaters in July 2004, Aoi was given a Best Actress Award at the 2004 Pink Grand Prix ceremony. The film was ranked the fourth-best pink film release of the year.
Aoi also starred in the October 2004 release of the manga-based theatrical thriller Stop the Bitch Campaign: Hell Version. According to one reviewer of the June 2007 DVD release of the film: "The acting proves that Sora Aoi is no Dame Judi Dench but she is winsome enough to make you believe and care for her."
In November 2004, Aoi left Alice Japan and Max-A to move to the newly formed studio, S1 No. 1 Style, part of the large Hokuto Corporation. Her first video for S1, Sell Debut, was directed by Hideto Aki and released on November 11, 2004. Aoi continued making about one video a month for S1 until mid-2006. By this time, Aoi had become one of the most popular AV idols in Japan. Her name was the second most popular internet search on a female celebrity in Japan for 2005.
Aoi's popularity enabled her to enter further into mainstream entertainment, including film, television and radio. In early 2005, she starred as a high-school girl in director Keisuke Yoshida's film Raw Summer (なま夏 Nama-natsu?). The romantic comedy, released theatrically in Japan in January 2005, won the Grand Prize in the Off Theater Competition at the 2006 Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival where it was screened in February 2005. Along with another AV idol, Akiho Yoshizawa, Aoi appeared in the late-night TV Tokyo manga-based production Jōō (嬢王?) which aired in 12 episodes from October to December 2005. Aoi later returned in a special guest appearance for the 2009 sequel to the show Jōō Virgin (嬢王 Virgin?).
In another venue, Aoi was one of several AV actresses asked by a small Japanese publisher to take photographs of themselves as "if the [toy] cameras [were] their boyfriends or undetestable stalkers". The result, Polgasun Aoisora, was warmly received by a reviewer for the journal European Photography, who wrote, "It would appear that in Polgasun she is trying to swap the wretchedness and banality of the pornography genre for intimacy and authenticity."
By 2006, Aoi was appearing regularly on television, often appearing on variety shows and acting in several dramas including the 2006 midnight-drama Shimokita GLORY DAYS (下北GLORY DAYS) along with fellow S1 actresses Yuma Asami and Honoka and singer-actress Aya Sugimoto. Aoi plays the character "Nozomi Ichimonji" in the manga-based series about a ronin student moving to Tokyo and sharing a house with several beautiful women. She was also cast in the TV Asahi midnight drama Kaikan shokunin (快感職人?) which aired from July to September 2006, and in late 2007 she was a guest star on the popular J-dorama detective show Galileo (ガリレオ).
Aoi has remained at S1, but her work in adult videos has been irregular since mid-2006. One of her S1 videos, Hyper Risky Mosaic – Special Bath House Tsubaki, with 11 other S1 actresses won the First Place Award at the 2007 AV Open contest. In July 2011, S1 released a new work, Mega Semem Bukkake Facial, but since then the studio has only published compilation videos for Aoi through late 2013. The major Japanese adult video distributor DMM held a poll of its customers in late 2012 to choose the 100 all time best AV actresses to celebrate the 30th anniversary of adult videos in Japan. Aoi was voted into 53rd place in the balloting.
As a singer, Aoi put out a CD in 2006 titled "Hadaka no Kiss" and along with several other AV and gravure idols, she was a member of the Ebisu Muskats, a J-pop group originally formed on the late night TV show Onegai! Muscat (おねがい マスカット?) in April 2008.
Aoi traveled to Thailand for a part in a mainstream Thai teen movie, Hormones (Pid Term Yai, Hua Jai Waa Wun), released in March 2008. She plays a Japanese tourist who brings one character to the brink of infidelity to his girlfriend. Hormones won the Jury's Special Prize at the fourth Asian Marine Film Festival in Japan which journalist Wise Kwai ascribed to Aoi's presence.
Aoi made her debut in another Asian entertainment market when she appeared in a Korean TV drama Korean Classroom in May 2009. The four-part series follows three Japanese girls traveling to Korea and co-stars fellow AV Idols Mihiro and Rio. Aoi was subsequently scheduled to appear on several Korean variety shows while in Korea to promote the series. Back in Japan, Aoi starred as a zombie-killing stripper in director Takao Nakano's May 2010 comedy horror film Big Tits Zombie, a film adaption of the cult manga Kyonyū Dragon. Later that year Aoi was in Hong Kong starring in the erotic thriller Revenge: A Love Story which reached theaters in December 2010.
In late April 2010, Aoi's Twitter account was discovered by many Chinese netizens, despite the social networking site's typically being inaccessible in China. Fans of the AV model began distributing software allowing them to bypass the censorship of Twitter. Following the 2010 Yushu earthquake in China's Qinghai Province, Sola Aoi announced that she would raise funds to donate to the earthquake victims. This was received by a mixed response by Chinese netizens, with some praising her help and others finding it unseemly. In November 2010, she opened a microblog on Sina Weibo, China's most popular domestic microblog service, posting in Japanese, English, and Chinese. In her first six hours on Sina Webo, she attracted 130,000 followers and by September 2012 that figure had risen to more than 13 million. Her sizable following in China has also led to her debut as a singer in Mandarin Chinese with the song "mao yi" (毛衣 or Sweater) which was released digitally for mobile phone and computer download.
In April 2011, Aoi had a starring role in the Indonesian horror movie Suster Keramas 2 (Shampooing or Evil Nurse 2), making her the third Japanese AV actress to appear in Indonesian films recently. (The others being Rin Sakuragi in the original Suster Keramas and Maria Ozawa, known in Indonesia as "Miyabi", in the 2009 film Kidnapping Miyabi.) The earlier films, although very successful, engendered protests from conservative Muslim groups in Indonesia, so Aoi's trip to Indonesia and participation in the film were kept secret. Aoi said that working in Indonesia gave her pause but she wanted to expand her mainstream career and that she was "really looking forward to coming into contact with foreigners and engaging in communication."
Aoi's high profile in China has also led to controversy, exemplified by the taunts and insults directed towards her because of her plea in September 2012 for a peaceful solution to the Senkaku Islands dispute between Japan and China. In May 2013, a "culture war" ensued when a work of calligraphy created by Aoi as a guest promoting a theme park in Ningbo, China in April 2013 was reportedly auctioned for $95,000. A government-backed newspaper called the calligraphy "childish", her fans supported her, and many considered the auction simply a publicity stunt by the theme park.
According to a December 2006 issue of Friday magazine, Aoi was having a love affair with renowned comedian Jiro Hachimitsu. Aoi and Hachimitsu were reportedly living together at the time. Their relationship ended in January 2009 as reported in their blogs according to Tokyograph News.
- See Sola Aoi filmography for adult videos (AV) by this actress.
Nude modeling only
|Naked / Sora Aoi
|June 25, 2003|
|Naked 2 / Sora Aoi
|Kosuke Kisaragi||February 25, 2004|
|Asian Beauty Vol. 1||Adult Source Media||Kosuke Kisaragi||February 15, 2007||English subtitled version of Naked 2 / Sora Aoi|
|Asian Beauty Vol. 3||Adult Source Media||February 15, 2007||English subtitled version of Naked / Sora Aoi|
|Tokumei Kakarichō Tadano Hitoshi
|TV Asahi||2003-07-04 to 2003-09-19||11 episodes|
|Mystery Minzoku Gakusha Yakumo Itsuki
(Mystery Folklore Scholar Yakumo Itsuki)
|TV Asahi||Anna Nikaido||2004-10-29 (Episode 3)|
|Shimokita GLORY DAYS
|TV Tokyo||Nozomi Ichimonji||2006-04-14 to 2006-07-08||12 episodes|
|TV Asahi||2006-07-08 to 2006-09-23||10 episodes
Released as a DVD 2006-11-22
|Fuji TV||Reiko Shinozaki||2007-11-05 (Episode 4)|
|High School Teacher
Koukou Kyoushi Shiiku no Kousha
|Engel||Hiroshi Ando||November 25, 2003||Role: Miyako/Kumiko|
|Erotic Ghost: Siren
Shin Youjo Densetsu Siren
|Satoshi Torao||October 22, 2004||Role: Yumi|
|Hotaru The Hyper Swindler Series Vol. 3
Shin Damashi Ya Honpo・Hotaru ~Oishii Baito ni go Youjin~
|Nisato Takeshi||November 4, 2005||Role: Hotaru Amami|
|Hotaru The Hyper Swindler Series Vol. 4
Shin Damashi Ya Honpo・Hotaru ~Peepaa Shouhou ni go Youjin~
|Nisato Takeshi||December 7, 2005||Role: Hotaru Amami|
|Kunoichi 5 ninshū Vs. Onna Dragon Shūdan
|Tanigaki Kenji||October 25, 2005|
|Hotaru The Hyper Swindler Series Vol. 5
Shin Damashi Ya Honpo・Hotaru ~Biyou Sagi o Bokumetsu Seyo~
|Nisato Takeshi||July 5, 2006||Role: Hotaru Amami|
|Hotaru The Hyper Swindler Series Vol. 6
Shin Damashi Ya Honpo・Hotaru ~Furanchaizu Sagi o Bokumetsu Seyo~
|Nisato Takeshi||August 4, 2006||Role: Hotaru Amami|
|Play Angels Vol. 1
プレイエンジェル Vol. 1
|Nisato Takeshi||July 11, 2007||Role: Anna|
|Play Angels Vol. 2
プレイエンジェル Vol. 2
|Nisato Takeshi||February 6, 2008||Role: Anna|
|My Sassy Girl
|Jojo Hideo||September 22, 2008||Role: Anna
Sora Aoi wrote the screenplay for Aozora.
|Gun Crazy: Episode 4
ＧＵＮ ＣＲＡＺＹ Ｅｐｉｓｏｄｅ４ 用心棒の鎮魂歌
Gun Crazy Episode4 Youjinbou no Rekuiemu
|Pioneer LDC / Japan Home Video||Atushi Muroga||May 10, 2003||Role: Maria|
|KSS||Takeshi Yokoi||February 14, 2004|
|Tsumugi (AKA Uniform Beauty: Shag Me Teacher!)||Kokuei / Shintōhō Eiga||Hidezaku Takahara||July 27, 2004||Role: Tsumugi Yamane|
|Euro Space (ーロスペース)||Ryouko Yoshida||August 21, 2004||Role: Yuko Yajima|
|Stop the Bitch Campaign: Hell Version
Enjo-Kousai Bokumetsu Undou: Jigoku-hen
|King Records/ Omuro||Kosuke Suzuki||October 2, 2004||Role: Aoi|
|Powercat Entertainment||Keisuke Yoshida||January 28, 2005||Role: Anko|
|Man, Woman & The Wall
Kikareta Onna No Mirareta Yoru
|Masashi Yamamoto||April 15, 2006||Role: Satsuki|
|Memories of Matsuko||Toho / TBS||Tetsuya Nakashima||May 27, 2006|
|Irokoishi 2: Roaming in Hokkaido
艶恋師 北海道 放浪編
Irokoishi: Hokkaidō Hourou Hen
|Yūji Tajiri||January 28, 2008||Role: Ayumi|
|Takahisa Zeze||March 1, 2008||Role:|
Pit Thoem Yai Hua Chai Wawun
|GMM Tai Hub||Songyos Sugmakanan||20 March 2008||Role: Aoi|
|Gekijoban S to M
|Yutaka Ōgi||March 13, 2010||Role: Sakiko Tsuboi|
|Big Tits Zombie||TMC (Total Media Corporation)||Takao Nakano||May 15, 2010|
|Transformer||Yutaka Yamazaki||July 10, 2010|
|Revenge: A Love Story
Fuk sau che chi sei
|Wong Ching-po||December 2, 2010||Role: Wing|
|Suster keramas 2||Maxima Pictures||Findo Purwono||April 21, 2011||Role: Sachiko|
|Ley Line||Masashi Yamamoto||May 14, 2011||Role: Saki|
|Kadokawa Pictures||Ryuichi Hiroki||June 4, 2011|
|I FINE..THANK YOU..LOVE YOU
|GMM Tai Hub||Mez Tharatorn||December 10, 2014||Role: Kaya|
|English title||Japanese title||Release date|
|Lovepara Unmei||らぶぱら 運命||May 10, 2003|
|Lovex 07 Sora Aoi||Lovex 07 蒼井そら||November 22, 2003|
|Karami 21 Sora Aoi||Karami 21 蒼井そら||March 10, 2004|
- Infobox data from "蒼井 そら – Aoi Sora (Profile)" (in Japanese). 'Web I-dic'. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "Sora Aoi Interview". www.jsexnetwork.com. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "蒼井そらの部屋へようこそ – Video Idol Interview" (in Japanese). www.b-v.co.jp. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- Poole, Robert Michael (2010-08-17). "Japan's porn stars make their way in the real world". CNNGo.com. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "蒼井そらの部屋へようこそ – Video Idol Interview" (in Japanese). www.b-v.co.jp. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- Poole, Robert Michael (2008-01-18). "Cool Erotica". Metropolis. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- "Bejean 2002年7月号" (in Japanese). Bejean. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- 2002年 （平成14年） (in Japanese). AV 研究所 (AV Research Laboratory). Archived from the original on 2007-03-10. Retrieved 2010-05-03.
- Ochs, Stephen (January 1, 2004). "Cross-Cultural Porn Digressions with Kuki Group's Tadasu Isogawa". AVN. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "The Blue Sky". Urabon Navigator. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "A.V.G.P. Adult Video Grand Prix 2002". X City. Archived from the original on 2007-01-05. Retrieved 2008-11-16.
- "Sora Aoi 蒼井そら". Urabon Navigator. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Full Nude Sora Aoi". Urabon Navigator. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "GUN CRAZY Episode３ 叛逆者の狂詩曲（ラプソディー）／Episode４ 用心棒の鎮魂歌（レクイエム）" (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Tokumei Kakaricou Tadano Hitoshi [特命係長 只野仁]". www.jdorama.com. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- "Best Ten of 2004 (２００４年度ベストテン)" (in Japanese). P*G Website. Retrieved January 21, 2009.
- Toda, Miho (2005-05-06). "'Pink Prize': What Should Be Called the Academy Awards of the Pink Film World: Sora Aoi, Yumika Hayashi Among Those Present, Close Coverage of This Yearly Festival (ピンク映画界のアカデミー賞というべき"ピンク大賞"蒼井そら、林由美香らが来場する、年に一度の祭典に密着！: Pinku eigakai no akademii shou to iubeki 'Pinku taishou' Aoi Sora, Hayashi Yumikaraga raijousuru, toshi ni ichido no saiten ni mitchaku)" (in Japanese). www.walkerplus.com. Retrieved January 21, 2009.
- "Enjo-kôsai bokumetsu undô: jigoku-hen (2004)". IMDb. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- 援助交際撲滅運動 地獄変(2004) (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- "Stop the Bitch (2004)". Home Cinema. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- メーカー一覧を見る (in Japanese). Outvision. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- セル初 蒼井そら ギリギリモザイク (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- "Beauty and the Beast". www.japan-zone.com. Retrieved 2007-05-01; archive.
- なま夏 (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival Archive". yubarifanta.com. Retrieved 2009-09-17.
- 嬢王 (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Jyou Ou Cast" (in Japanese). www.tv-tokyo.co.jp. Archived from the original on 2008-06-14. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Cast" (in Japanese). www.tv-tokyo.co.jp. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
- Polgasun Aoisora. Tokyo: Powershovel, 2006. ISBN 4-434-07901-8.
- Brueggemann, Ferdinand: "Aoi Sora Polgasun", japan-photo.info, 15 July 2006.
- "Shimokita GLORY DAYS [下北GLORY DAYS]". www.jdorama.com. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- "Galileo [ガリレオ]". www.jdorama.com. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- "蒼井そら (Aoi Sora)" (in Japanese). s1s1s1.com. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "2nd AV Open Results" (in Japanese). www.dmm.co.jp. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- "JAV News – Are There Japanese Adult Video Awards Like AVN Awards in USA?". JAV News. August 26, 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- メガ盛り顔射祭 (in Japanese). www.s1s1s1.com. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Final Balloting Result" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- Poole, Robert Michael (January 21, 2011). "Sola Aoi goes from porn star to pop queen". travel.cnn.com. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- 恵比寿マスカッツ (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2013-09-27.
- "Music Spotlight: Ebisu Muscats". Japanverse. June 16, 2012. Retrieved 2013-09-27.
- "With help from Sora Aoi, Hormones wins jury prize at Japan's Asian Marine Film Festival". thaifilmjournal.blogspot.com. September 12, 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- "Aoi Sora and Mihiro promote Korean Classroom". AllKPop. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- Brown, Todd. "An EXCLUSIVE First Look at the Trailer for Takao Nakano's BIG TITS ZOMBIE 3D with Sola Aoi!". Twitch Film. Retrieved 2010-04-19.
- Brown, Todd. "Rei Mikamoto's Kyonyū Dragon Manga Becomes BIG TITS ZOMBIE! In 3D! With Sola Aoi!". Twitch Film. Retrieved 2010-04-14.
- "巨乳ドラゴン 温泉ゾンビ VS ストリッパー５" (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- Niels Matthijs (2011-09-12). "REVENGE: A LOVE STORY (Ching-Po Wong) Review". Twitch Film. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- Liu, Alice Xin (2010-04-13). "AV actress entices Chinese netizens to go on Twitter". www.danwei.org. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- 日本女优苍井空微博上宣布将为玉树灾民筹款, Phoenix Television, 2010年04月27日.
- Japanese AV Star Sora Aoi & Qinghai Earthquake Donations, ChinaSMACK, Sunday, May 2, 2010.
- "Japanese Porn Star Sora Aoi Phenomenon in Chinese Weibo". WantChinaTimes.com. 2011-01-24. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- Tao, Anthony (September 17, 2012). "What Does Former Porn Star Sola Aoi Think Of This Sino-Japanese Spat?". Beijing Cream. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Japanese Porn Star Sora Aoi Takes Lead in Indonesian Movie". www.asianbite.com. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Suster keramas 2 (2011)". IMDb. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Belford, Aubrey (March 28, 2011). "Porn Stars, Clad? They Seem to Appeal to Indonesian Filmgoers". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Pornography and patriotism – Can’t we all just get it on? – A Japanese actress reminds her Chinese fans how conflicted they are". The Economist. 22 September 2012. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Porn star's calligraphy sparks art debate in China". Global Post. May 22, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Japanese AV Star Aoi Sora to Debut in Korea as Singer-Actress". allkpop.com. 2012-05-06. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Sora Aoi breaks up with comedian". Tokyograph News. January 16, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- "Asian Beauty Volume 1 Sola Aoi". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-01-22.[dead link]
- "Asian Beauty Volume 3 Sola Aoi". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-01-22.[dead link]
- "Mystery Minzoku Gakusha Yakumo Itsuki [ミステリー民俗学者八雲樹]". www.jdorama.com. Retrieved 2009-01-24.
- "第3～4話のｹﾞｽﾄ (Episode 3 Cast)" (in Japanese). www.tv-asahi.co.jp. Retrieved 2009-01-24.[dead link]
- "Kaikan Shokunin Cast" (in Japanese). www.tv-asahi.co.jp. Retrieved 2009-01-24.[dead link]
- "Kaikan Shokunin". sazuma.com. Retrieved 2009-01-24.[dead link]
- Filmography based on 蒼井そら あおい・そら (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2010-03-18; "Aoi Sola". IMDb. Retrieved 2010-03-18; 蒼井そら (in Japanese). JMDB. Retrieved 2010-03-18; and "DVDレンタル > 出演者 > 蒼井そら(あおいそら)" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- "Aozora (Blue Sky) or My Sassy Girl". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "Details on Sola Aoi's latest, ‘Aozora’". NipponCinema.com. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- Filmography based on 蒼井そら あおい・そら (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2010-03-18; "Aoi Sola". IMDb. Retrieved 2010-03-18; and 蒼井そら (in Japanese). JMDB. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- Filmography based on "Sora Aoi biography". Urabon Navigator 1997–2006. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- Sora, Aoi (2006). Soramoyō そら模様。 (in Japanese). Tokyo: Kōdansha. ISBN 4062134365.
- "蒼井 そら – Aoi Sora (Profile)" (in Japanese). 'Web I-dic'. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "蒼井そらの部屋へようこそ – Video Idol Interview" (in Japanese). www.b-v.co.jp. Retrieved 2007-05-01. (contains nudity)
- "蒼井 そら (Aoi Sora)" (in Japanese). JMDB. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "Sora Aoi Interview". www.jsexnetwork.com. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "Sora Aoi Interview". xxx.xcity.jp. Archived from the original on 2007-02-28. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- Nemoto, Yū (2005-05-16). "ピンク映画初出演で、第17回・2004年度ピンク大賞新人賞受賞の蒼井そら直撃インタビュー (Interview with Sora Aoi on her pink film debut, at the 17th Pink Grand Prix Awards)" (in Japanese). www.walkerplus.com. Retrieved January 22, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sora Aoi.|
- Official website
- Sola Aoi at the Internet Movie Database
- Jacobs, Katrien: "Potency and Protest on the Chinese Internet", Berfrois, 26 January 2012
|Awards and achievements|
|Pinky Ribbon Awards|
|Pinky Ribbon Award for Best New Actress
with Mai Sakurazuki