Solamente Tú (album)
|Studio album by Duelo|
|Released||April 6, 2010|
|Genre||Regional Mexican, Latin pop|
|Singles from Solamente tú|
Solamente tú (Only You) is the eighth studio album by Mexican recording band Duelo. It was released on April 16, 2010 by Fonovisa Records. The songs are mostly inspired by disappointment in love. Musically, the album drew inspiration from country rock and Americana while incorporating norteño music.
The album received positive reviews, commending Duelo's ability to sing about romantic love, instead of entering the fashion of contemporary groups that perform narcocorridos. The album went to number-one in the United States, topping the Billboard's Latin Albums and Regional Mexican Albums charts, and reaching the top forty in Mexico. The first two singles from the album, "Soy como no soy" and "Te odio y te amo", were both hits reaching the top forty in the Regional Mexican Airplay chart. Solamente Tú received a Latin Grammy Award nomination for Best Norteño Album.
Duelo released their eighth album Solamente tú on April 16, 2010, and as another way of promotion, the band released an internet radio station, Radio Duelo, in addition to updating their official website. On their radio station the band responded to text messages from their fans and included music from their albums. Solamente tú includes love songs lyrics with norteño music, with country rock and Americana influences. Alex Henderson of Allmusic called the album "appealing", praising the band for their approach on romantic love instead of recording corridos like most norteño bands. The album received a nomination for Best Norteño Album at the 11th Latin Grammy Awards, which it lost to Pesado's Desde la cantina, vol. 1.
Prior to the album release, the first single "Soy como no soy" ("I'm Being Not the Way I Am") was launched in February 2010. The song peaked at number 22 on the Billboard Latin Songs and 11 on the Regional Mexican Airplay charts, respectively. "Te odio y te amo" ("I Hate You and I Love You") was selected as the second single and peaked within the top forty of the Latin Songs chart.
The album entered atop the Billboard's Latin Albums and Regional Mexican Albums charts in the week of April 24, 2010, and was their second number-one album at both charts, following 2009's Necesito más de tí. Solamente Tú also charted in the Mexican Albums Chart where it peaked at number 26.
|1.||"Solamente tú"||Oscar Ivan Treviño||3:15|
|3.||"La ley del desprecio"||Treviño||3:07|
|4.||"Voy a cambiar por ti"||Aarón Martínez||3:17|
|5.||"Soy como no soy"||Luis Padilla||3:17|
|7.||"Lo mejor de perderte"||Treviño||2:57|
|8.||"Jamás vuelvas conmigo"||Marco A. Pérez||2:59|
|9.||"La magia de tu amor"||Treviño||2:54|
|10.||"Soñando contigo"||Padilla, Treviño||2:46|
|11.||"Te odio y te amo"||Wilfrán Castillo||3:05|
|12.||"Igual que hoy"||Treviño||3:07|
- José Luis Ayala Jr. – drums
- Oscar Iván Treviño – bass guitar, composer
- Homer Cantu – güiro
- Manelik Martínez – management
- Jaime Arroyo – mixing
- Wilfrán Castillo – composer
- Aarón Martínez – composer
- Luis Padilla – composer
- Marco A. Pérez – composer
- "Duelo lanza su propia radio" (in Spanish). AOL. May 27, 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "Duelo — Solamente Tú — Overview". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- "Latin Grammy nominees announced: Alejandro Sanz and Camila among top contenders". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. September 8, 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "2010 Latin Grammy Awards winners". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. November 11, 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "Duelo lanza su más reciente sencillo titulado "Soy Como No Soy"" (in Spanish). Bandamax. February 10, 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "Te Odio y Te Amo - Duelo". Billboard. Rovi Corporation. November 27, 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "Solamente Tú - Duelo". Billboard. Rovi Corporation. April 24, 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "Solamente Tú - Duelo (album)". Top 100 Mexico. Hung Medien. 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- Solamente Tú (CD liner notes). Fonovisa. 2010.