|Municipality of Solana|
Map of Cagayan with Solana highlighted
|Region||Cagayan Valley (Region II)|
|Barangays||38 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Jenalyn P. Carag|
|• Vice Mayor||Meynard Z. Carag|
|• Electorate||44,105 voters (2016)|
|• Total||234.60 km2 (90.58 sq mi)|
|• Density||350/km2 (910/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)78|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||170,547,610.45 (2016)|
Solana, (Ibanag: Ili nat Solana; Ilokano: Ili ti Solana; Filipino: Bayan ng Solana), officially the Municipality of Solana, is a 1st class municipality in the province of Cagayan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 82,502 people. The Awidon Mesa Formationa Paleolithic Sites of the municipality, along with the Callao Limestone Formation Paleolithic Sites neighboring Penablanca, are included in the tentative list of the Philippines for future UNESCO World Heritage Site inscription under the name of Paleolithic Archaeological Sites in Cagayan Valley. The Awidon Mesa Formation has at least 68 Paleolithic sites which yielded stone tools and fossils of extinct animals that include stegodons, elephants, rhinoceros, and large tortoise.
Solana is politically subdivided into 38 barangays.
- Andarayan North
- Andarayan South
- Basi East
- Basi West
- Bauan East
- Bauan West
- Centro Northeast (Poblacion)
- Centro Northwest (Poblacion)
- Centro Southeast (Poblacion)
- Centro Southwest (Poblacion)
- Gen. Eulogio Balao
- Maddarulug (Santo Domingo)
- Natappian East
- Natappian West
|Population census of Solana|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Solana, Cagayan, was 82,502 people, with a density of 350 inhabitants per square kilometre or 910 inhabitants per square mile.
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan. They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Elected officials for the term of 2016–2019
- Mayor: Jenalyn P. CARAG (United Nationalist Alliance)
- Vice Mayor: Meynard Z. CARAG, CPA (National Unity Party)
- 1. Rodolfo N. FERNANDEZ (National Unity Party)-Incumbent
- 2. James E. MALLILLIN (National Unity Party)
- 3. Richard Lito Z. BACUD (National Unity Party)
- 4. Francisca F. DE ASIS (Liberal Party )
- 5. Maximo P. CALLUENG (National Unity Party)-Incumbent
- 6. Cleofe C. SIMANGAN (National Unity Party)-Incumbent
- 7. Amelia P. CARAG (Liberal Party )
- 8. All B. UBIñA (Independent)
- 9. ABC President Ronald C. CRISTOBAL Ex-Officio Member
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Cagayan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Cagayan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "The Local Government Code of the Philippines. Book III: Local Government Units" (PDF). Government of the Philippines. Retrieved 18 September 2016. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
|This article about a location in Cagayan Valley region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|