Solano Town Center
|Location||Fairfield, California, United States|
|Address||1350 Travis Blvd.|
|Developer||The Hahn Company|
|Management||Spinoso Real Estate Group|
|Owner||Starwood Retail Partners|
|No. of stores and services||130 |
|No. of anchor tenants||5 (4 open, 1 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||1,040,000 sq ft (97,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2 (3 in the Macy's, former The Emporium/Sears and original Sears buildings)|
Solano Town Center, sometimes referred to as Solano Mall or Fairfield Mall, is a shopping mall in Fairfield, California, with over 125 stores, multiple restaurants and dining options. Solano Town Center is located on Travis Boulevard, one block east of I-80 off the Travis Blvd exit. It is owned by Starwood Retail Partners but leased and managed by Spinoso Real Estate Group.
Westfield America, Inc., a precursor to the Westfield Group acquired the shopping center in 1998, and renamed it "Westfield Shoppingtown Solano", dropping the "Shoppingtown" name in June 2005. In April 2012, The Westfield Group sold the establishment to Starwood Capital Group. In November 2012, the name changed again to Solano Town Center.
Mervyn's was the mall's fifth anchor store until they went out of business in 2008. Forever 21 moved into the upper level of the former Mervyn's in 2010. Sports Authority moved into the lower level of the former Mervyn's in 2011, which closed when that chain went out of business in 2016. The space has since been taken by Dick's Sporting Goods in 2017. In 2015, Sears Holdings spun off 235 of its properties, including the Sears at Solano Town Center, into Seritage Growth Properties. Sears closed its location in July 2018. In early 2020 Dave & Buster's was slated to open a brand new restaurant in a portion of the former Sears space, but construction was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Emporium- Replaced with a new Sears in 1998.
- Mervyns - Replaced with Forever 21 in 2010 (upper level) and Sports Authority (lower level) in 2011.
- Sports Authority - Closed down in 2016 and replaced by Dick's Sporting Goods in 2017.
- Sears - Original space replaced with Best Buy (lower level) in 2000 and Edwards Cinema (upper level) in 1999. The store moved to the former Emporium space in 1998 and closed in 2018.
- "Archive Search - The Reporter". nl.newsbank.com.
- "Solano Town Center ::: About Us". www.shoppingsolanotowncenter.com.
- "Solano Mall becomes Solano Town Center". November 9, 2012.
- "Sports Authority to hold grand opening Saturday at Westfield Solano mall". October 20, 2011.