Solar (Dungeons & Dragons)
The solar appeared in second edition under the "aasimon" heading in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix (1991), and appeared for the Planescape setting in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
The solar appeared in the third edition under the "celestial" heading in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and appeared under the "angel" heading in the revised 3.5 edition Monster Manual (2003).
The solar is one of the greatest of the angels, usually a close attendant to a deity or a champion of some cosmically beneficent task.
- Gygax, E. Gary. "Featured Creatures." Dragon #64 (TSR, 1982)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- LaFountain, J. Paul. Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes Appendix. (TSR, 1991)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)