Solar Energy Industries Association
|Motto||Building a strong solar industry to power America.|
|Formation||January 24, 1974|
|Legal status||Industry association|
|Purpose||National industry association of the U.S. solar industry|
|Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
President and CEO
|Abigail Ross Hopper|
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), established in 1974, is the national non-profit trade association of the solar-energy industry in the United States. In 2019, the group reported at least 1,000 member companies.
With the recent high flux of green jobs in the solar industry, SEIA maintains a resource for those looking for solar jobs. The Harvard Business Review  claims that the solar industry could absorb all of the jobs lost to the coal industry as it shutters. By 2016, according to the U.S. Department of Energy, the solar industry employed more workers in the energy generation industry than all fossil fuels (oil, coal, and natural gas) combined.
An independent but strategically aligned organization, The Solar Foundation, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which develops education & outreach programs to promote the further development of solar energy in the U.S.
Current Board of Directors
- SEIA Board Chair – Nat Kreamer, Spruce
- SEIA Board Vice Chair – Tom Starrs, SunPower Corporation
- Treasurer – Laura Stern, Nautilus Solar
- Secretary – Michael Maulick, SunLink Corporation
- President – Abigail Ross Hopper, SEIA
- Elected Committeemen
- Federal Policy Committee Chair – Scott Hennessey, SolarCity
- State Policy Committee Chair – Thomas Plagemann, Vivant Solar
- Distributed Generation – Tony Clifford, Standard Solar
- Solar Heating and Cooling – Ed Murray, Aztec Solar
- Solar Services and Consumers – Laura Stern, Nautilus Solar Energy
- Utility-Scale Solar Power – Fred Morse, Morse Associates
- Craig Cornelius, NRG Energy
- Ryan Creamer, sPower
- Jeff Dorety, Trina Solar
- Scott Hennessey, SolarCity
- Anne Hoskins, Sunrun, Inc.
- Martin Hermann, 8minutenergy Renewables
- George Hershman, Swinerton Renewable Energy
- Stephen Jones, Blattner Energy
- Nat Kreamer, Spruce
- Daniel Laure, Total New Energies USA
- Michael Maulick, SunLink Corporation
- Matthew McGovern, Cypress Creek Renewables
- Ryan Pfaff, EDF Renewable Energy
- Thomas Plagemann, Vivint Solar
- Dan Shugar, NEXTracker
- Tom Starrs, SunPower Corporation
- Jeremy Susac, SunStreet Energy Group
- Steve Trenholm, E.ON North America
- Darren Van't Hof, US Bancorp
- Kathleen Weiss, First Solar, Inc.
- Jim Yowan, Mortenson Construction
- Scott Zajac, Rockwood Group
- David Zwillinger, D. E. Shaw
- Mike Hall, Borrego Solar
- Yuri Horwitz, Sol Systems
- Jeff Wolfe, EnergySage
- Andrew Savage, Savage Solar, LLC
- Laura Stern, Nautilus Solar Energy
- Arno Harris – Chairman Emeritus
- Steve Hogan
State SEIA Affiliate Representative
- Arizona Solar Energy Industries Association (AriSEIA)
- Mid Atlantic Solar Energy Industries Association (MSEIA)
- California Solar Energy Industries Association (CALSIEA)
- Missouri Solar Energy Industries Association (MOSEIA)
- Florida Solar Energy Industries Association (FlaSEIA)
- Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association (COSEIA)
- New York Solar Energy Industries Association (NYSEIA)
- Oregon Solar Energy Industries Association (OSEIA)
- Georgia Solar Energy Industries Association (GeorgiaSEIA)
- Tennessee Solar Energy Industries Association (TenneSEIA)
- Gulf States Renewable Energy Industries Association (GSREIA)
- Texas Renewable Energy Industries Association (TREIA)
- Hawaii Solar Energy Association (HSEA)
- Wisconsin Solar Energy Industries Association (WiSEIA)
- "SEIA Homepage". Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "About SEIA". SEIA. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "SEIA Launches New Campaign to Extend Solar Investment Tax Credit". Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- http://www.seia.org/solar-jobs[permanent dead link]
- McCarthy, Niall. "Solar Employs More People In U.S. Electricity Generation Than Oil, Coal And Gas Combined". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "About Us - Solar Energy Nonprofit". The Solar Foundation. Retrieved 2019-12-27.
- "Executive Committee and Board of Directors". SEIA. Retrieved 2017-04-07.
- "Official State Affiliates". SEIA. Archived from the original on 2015-08-01. Retrieved 2017-04-07.