CNN Philippines News and Current Affairs
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|CNN Philippines News and Current Affairs
(CNN Philippines News)
|Created by||Nine Media Corporation|
|Key people||Pal Marquez
(Vice President for News and Current Affairs)
(Executive Vice President for News and Current Affairs; Managing Director, CNN Philippines)
(Senior Manager, News Production and News Gathering)
Cesario "Jun" del Rosario, Jr.
(Sr. Manager, Public Service)
|Slogan||We Tell The Story Of The Filipino|
CNN Philippines News and Current Affairs (formerly Solar News and Current Affairs/Solar News and 9News and Current Affairs/9News) is the news and public affairs programming division of the media conglomerate Nine Media Corporation leasing the airtime of Radio Philippines Network. 9News ceased identifying themselves explicitly under such brand with the launching of CNN Philippines on March 16, 2015 and consolidated to the current name since July 2015. It is headquartered at the CNN Philippines/RPN 9, Broadcast City, Old Balara, Capitol Hills, Diliman, Quezon City.
After Solar Entertainment Corporation acquired 34 percent of Radio Philippines Network from the Philippine government as part of RPN/IBC privatization in 2011, Solar TV ventured into news at the end of 2011. On July 16, 2012, Solar News launched its first local newscasts including Solar Network News, Solar Newsday, Solar Daybreak and Solar Nightly News.
In November 2013, San Miguel Corporation President and COO Ramon S. Ang acquired a majority stake in Solar Television Network as well as its stake on RPN, Brothers Wilson and William Tieng were the majority stockholders then of STVNI. Meanwhile, on August 20, 2014, Solar Entertainment Corporation chief Wilson Tieng announced that he ceded his entire share on Solar TV Network, Inc., including its 34% majority share on RPN, to Antonio Cabangon-Chua, owner of business newspaper BusinessMirror and Aliw Broadcasting Corporation. The Tiengs were losing money after they invested in RPN 9 and the group focused on the cable channels of the Solar Entertainment Corporation To reflect the change of ownership, and upon announcement of the rebranding of Solar News Channel into 9TV by August 23, Solar News will also rebrand into 9News, retaining its news and current affairs programming as 9TV expands its weekend programming.
9News underwent major overhaul as parent Nine Media Corporation signed a 5-year brand licensing agreement with Turner Broadcasting System to share resources with CNN to integrate the latter's content and 9News's reporting as CNN Philippines that launched on March 16, 2015. 9News ceased identifying themselves explicitly under that name with the reformat.
- CNN Philippines Network News
- CNN Philippines Newsroom
- CNN Philippines New Day
- CNN Philippines Updates
- CNN Philippines Balitaan
- Cebuano News
- Kapampangan News
- CNN Philippines SportsDesk
Current Affairs Programs
- Global Conversations
- Leading Women (produced by Go Motion Productions)
- Story of the Filipino
- The Boardroom
Public Service Programs
- Serbisyo All Access
- CNN Philippines Traffic Center
- Mitzi Borromeo (CNN Philippines Newsroom and Profiles)
- Claire Celdran (CNN Philippines Global Newsroom and CNN Philippines Updates)
- Andrei Felix (New Day)
- Atty. Karen Jimeno (New Day)
- Mico Halili (CNN Philippines Sportsdesk)
- Nicolette Henson-Hizon (Kapampangan News and CNN Philippines Updates)
- Pia Hontiveros (CNN Philippines Network News and News.PH)
- Menchu Macapagal (CNN Philippines Traffic Center)
- Gani Oro (Serbisyo All Access)
- Mai Rodriguez (CNN Philippines Network News Weekend, Global Conversations and CNN Philippines Updates)
- Jun Tariman (Cebuano News)
- Claudine Trillo (New Day and CNN Philippines Updates)
- Amelyn Veloso (New Day, CNN Philippines Newsroom and Serbisyo All Access)
- Pinky Webb (CNN Philippines Balitaan)
- Dr. Freddie Gomez (MedTalk)
- Angel Jacob (Leading Women)
- Anthony Pangilinan (The Boardroom)
- Tiengs move into news Manila Standard Today. 02-25-2011. Retrieved 02-25-2011.
- "MVP-Ang rivalry set to spill over into television with San Miguel acquisition of Solar stake". November 9, 2013. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- EXCLUSIVE | BusinessMirror owner acquires majority stake in RPN9 retrieved August 20, 2014
- Cabangon-Chua acquires RPN-9 retrieved August 21, 2014
- - Solar News Channel turns into 9TV retrieved August 13, 2014
- - Solar News to be renamed News9? (Media Newser Philippines) retrieved August 18, 2014
- - Is RPN-9 Destined to Return? retrieved August 18, 2014
|This article about mass media in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|