REPOWER by Solar Universe
|Mahesh Mansukhani, CEO|
Daniel Rubin, COO,Dirk Liebich, CTO
REPOWER by Solar Universe is an American solar electricity company, serving homeowners, businesses and government/non-profit organizations with installation, design and permits, maintenance, and financing options for solar energy systems.
REPOWER is headquartered in Oakland, California. The REPOWER network constitutes over 200 partners in 12 states.
Solar Universe was founded in 2007 by Joseph Bono after he spent several years as a successful Quiznos franchisee in the Bay Area and saw a need for a comprehensive franchising application in the solar installation industry. After an initial investment of $1 million, the company received $7 million in series B funding in 2011 from RockPort Capital Management. Just two years after its founding, Solar Universe was one of the top 10 solar installers in California.[not in citation given] In 2012 Entrepreneur magazine ranked Solar Universe one of the 50 best new franchise concepts and selected it for the prestigious "Franchise 500," alongside such industry leaders as Subway, 7-Eleven Inc., and McDonald's.
In September 2013, Solar Universe acquired Gen110, a Kleiner Perkins backed pioneer of customer acquisition and direct sales.
REPOWER by Solar Universe
On May 7, 2015, Solar Universe re-launched its brand as REPOWER by Solar Universe. In addition, the company began including smart home components with solar installation. The bundle includes a solar system smartphone app, temperature monitoring, lighting controls and alerts, all included with every new solar system purchased.
New CEO and Management Team
On May 20, 2015, Mahesh Mansukhani was named chief executive officer. In November 2015, Daniel Rubin joined as SVP Chief Revenue Officer, and Dirk Liebich joined as Chief Technology Officer in April 2016.
Company founder Joe Bono remains on REPOWER's board of directors.
- Company Overview on Bloomberg Businessweek
- Solar Universe Raises $7 Million To Franchise Solar Installation | TechCrunch
- Solar Universe Wants to Expand Dealer Franchise With $7 Million Round : Greentech Media
- RockPort Capital Management Portfolio: Solar Universe Background
- Top New Franchises List in Entrepreneur Magazine
- "Press Releases". repower.solaruniverse.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Press Releases | REPOWER". repower.solaruniverse.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- Daley, Jason (September 16, 2011). "A Bright Forecast for a Solar Panel Installation Franchise". Entrepreneur Magazine. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Solar Universe Names Yeffa as CFO". Monitor Daily. March 15, 2011. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Brown, Steven E.F. (March 15, 2011). "Solar Universe hires Cartridge World's Steven Yeffa as CFO". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Solar Universe gets $7M, grows team". Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal. January 25, 2011. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Wang, Ucilia (January 24, 2011). "Solar Universe Aims to be McDonald’s of Solar, Raises $7M." Gigaom.
- "Green Building Classes: Northern California Solar Energy Association, Inc". The California Energy Commission. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Interview with Dusty Ansley, VP of Franchise Development for Solar Universe". Yahoo! Small Business Advisor. June 18, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.