Solar power in Greece
Development of solar power in Greece started in 2006 and installations of photovoltaic systems skyrocketed from 2009 because of the appealing feed-in tariffs introduced and the corresponding regulations for domestic applications of rooftop solar PV. As of 2019, 90% of the ca. 2.5 GWp capacity was installed in 2011, 2012 and 2013. However, funding the FITs created an unacceptable deficit of more than €500 million in the Greek "Operator of Electricity Market" RES fund. To reduce that deficit, new regulations were introduced in August 2012 including retrospective feed-in tariffs reduction, with further reductions over time. These measures enabled the deficit to be erased by 2017.
Auctions have replaced FITs and after stagnating since 2013, as of 2019 Greece is again installing hundreds of MWp per year.
By April 2015, the total installed photovoltaic capacity in Greece had reached 2,442.6 MWp from which 350.5 MWp were installed on rooftops and the rest were ground mounted. Greece ranks 5th worldwide with regard to per capita installed PV capacity and PV covers 7% of the country's electricity demand in 2019.
|Naoussa||7+7 MW||Photovoltaic plants cluster||2013|
|Florina||4.3 MW||Florina industrial zone||2009|
|Volos||2 MW||Photovoltaic power plant Volos||2009|
|Thebes||2 MW||Photovoltaic power plant Thebes||2009|
|Tavros, ILPAP Building||20 kW||2009|
|Ethel Station||20 kW||2009|
|Maroussi, Eirini station||20 kW||2009|
|Kozani||200–300 MW||Park of Kozani||–|
|Megalopoli||50 MW||Park of Megalopoli||–|
|Crete||0.48 MW||Park of Atherinolakos||–|
Deployment in watts per capita
- Renewable energy in Greece
- Wind power in Greece
- Solar power
- Solar power in the European Union
- Solar power by country
- Renewable energy by country
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solar power in Greece.|
- New feed‐in‐tariffs for PV in Greece (Feb 2012)
- HELAPCO: The Greek PV Market
- "Greek PV Market Investment Opportunities" (PDF). HELAPCO. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
- LAGIE: DAS Monthly Reports
- Large-scale photovoltaic power plants located in Greece Archived 2010-01-04 at the Wayback Machine
- PPC Renewables Photovoltaic Parks Archived 2011-07-21 at the Wayback Machine
- PPC to develop a large photovoltaic project in Kozani Archived 2012-03-12 at the Wayback Machine