Solar power in Poland
Solar energy in Poland is a new sector of renewable energy and consists of solar thermal and solar electricity. Solar thermal, used for heating water was widely used in about 1,700,000 square metres (18,000,000 sq ft) of solar thermal collector at the end of 2014. This corresponds to about 1,200 MWth capacity. Solar collectors are the second, after the biomass heating plants, source of "green heat" in Poland. In 2014, Poland was ranked fourth in sales of solar collector installations among European countries.
The total solar photovoltaics (PV) power plants connected to the grid in Poland at the end of 2012 were about 1.29 MWp of capacity. According to Energy Regulatory Office photovoltaic power in Poland had 91.82 MWp installed capacity at the end of June 2016.
|* Estimated figure|
- 2.0 MW Cieszanów (under construction, as of November 2014);
- 1.84 MW Kolno;
- 1.64 MW Gdańsk;
- 1.5 MW Gubin;
- Photovoltaic farm in Wierzchosławice - 1.0 MW;
- 311 kW, Ruda Śląska, Upper Silesia Waterworks;
- 100 kW, Polkowice, NG2;
- 82 kW, Łódź, Voivodeship Specialist Hospital;
- 80.5 kW, Bydgoszcz, Frost Company;
- 71.76 kW, Jaworzno, Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Jaworzno;
- 54 kW, Warsaw, Center for Photovoltaics at the Faculty of Environmental Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology;
- 40 kW, Bogumiłowice;
- 21.42 kW, Rybnik;
- 20 kW, Rzeszów, School of Law and Administration;
- 20 kW, Warsaw, Embassy of Japan.
Online real production of 2 kW PV plant in Poland.
- Poland 4th biggest market of solar collectors in Europe in 2014
- Record development of renewable energy in Poland in 2012
- Installed capacity of electricity from renewables in Poland
- Photovoltaic energy barometer 2009 – EurObserv’ER[permanent dead link] Systèmes solaires Le journal des énergies renouvelables n° 190, p. 72-102, 3/2009
- Photovoltaic energy barometer 2007 – EurObserv’ER[permanent dead link] Systèmes solaires Le journal des énergies renouvelables n° 178, p. 49-70, 4/2007
- Photovoltaic energy barometer 2010 – EurObserv’ER[permanent dead link]
- Photovoltaic energy barometer 2011 – EurObserv’ER[permanent dead link]
- Photovoltaic energy barometer 2012 – EurObserv’ER[permanent dead link]
- Photovoltaic energy barometer 2013 – EurObserv’ER
- Photovoltaic energy barometer 2014 – EurObserv’ER
- Photovoltaic energy barometer 2015 – EurObserv’ER
- "Photovoltaic energy barometer 2017 – EurObserv'ER".
- List of photovoltaic systems in Poland dostęp: 31.01.2014.
- W Cieszanowie na Podkarpaciu powstaje największa farma fotowoltaiczna w Polsce
- Gubin 1 - największa w Polsce elektrownia słoneczna
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-09-14. Retrieved 2019-05-26.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Energy Democracy