Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)
|"Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)"|
|Single by John Michael Montgomery|
|from the album John Michael Montgomery|
|Released||May 1, 1995|
|John Michael Montgomery singles chronology|
"Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)" is a song written by Richard Fagan and Robb Royer, and recorded by American country music artist John Michael Montgomery. It was released in May 1995 as the second single from his self-titled album. It hit number-one on the country charts in the United States and Canada in July 1995. It is one of Montgomery's best-known songs and was named Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks' number-one single for 1995.
The music video was directed by Martin Kahan and features Montgomery at a livestock auction in the Garrard County Kentucky stockyards. Many of the extras in the music video are locals of Garrard County where Montgomery himself was raised.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||61|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
- American country music parody artist Cledus T. Judd released two parodies of "Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)" titled "Skoal: The Grundy County Spitting Incident" and "Stoled: The Copyright Infringement Incident" on his 1996 album I Stoled This Record.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, May 27, 1995
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 8525." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. July 17, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "John Michael Montgomery Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1995". RPM. December 18, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Best of 1995: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.