Storage Networking Industry Association
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) is a registered 501(c)(6)non-profit trade association incorporated in December 1997. SNIA has more than 185 unique members, 2,000 active contributing members and over 50,000 IT end users and storage professionals. The SNIA absorbed the Small Form Factor Committee
Its mission is to lead the storage industry worldwide in developing and promoting vendor-neutral architectures, standards, and educational services that facilitate the efficient management, movement, and security of information. SNIA supports the industry in the following ways:
- Standards Development and Adoption
- Interoperability Assurance
- Technology Acceleration and Promotion
- Global Vendor-Neutral Education
SNIA’s membership community participates in the following storage-related technical working groups:
- Data Security
- Networked Storage
- Next Generation Data Center
- Persistent Memory
- Physical Storage
- Power Efficiency Measurement
- Storage Management Initiative - Specification (SMI-S)
- Storage Management Swordfish Protocol
SNIA and its technical council maintain a vendor-neutral dictionary and glossary of storage networking, data, and information management terminology.
The SNIA dictionary won an award for publication excellence in 2009 and 2012 from the Business Communications Report.
SNIA along with ComputerWorld hosted the popular Storage Networking World (SNW) Conferences from 1999 to 2013, at various venues around the world, and commonly occurred in the Spring and Fall in the USA, and in the Fall in the EU.
- "5 Top Storage Certifications". www.businessnewsdaily.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "SNIA RELEASES ON-LINE TECHNICAL DICTIONARY". HPCwire. 2000-08-11. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "Introduction". www.wbemsolutions.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- May 7, Evan Koblentz in Data Centers on; 2018; Pst, 10:42 Am. "How to get started with the Swordfish storage management standard". TechRepublic. Retrieved 2019-11-26.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Ray (2010-02-11). "SNIA Tech Center Grand Opening – Mystery Storage Contest". Ray On Storage Blog. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- HEILMAN, WAYNE. "Storage networking group moves center, but stays in Springs". Colorado Springs Gazette. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- Association, Storage Networking Industry (2012-10-16). "SNIA Cloud Data Management Interface Specification Earns ISO/IEC Designation as an International Standard". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "ISO - SNIA - Storage Networking Industry". www.iso.org. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "SNIA'S SMI-S standard adopted by ISO and IEC - News & Analysis - Network Magazine India". www.networkmagazineindia.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "SNIA, DMTF and NVM Express Form Strategic Alliance". HPCwire. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "INCITS and The SNIA Team to Standardize Storage Management Interface - INCITS". www.incits.org. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- Sankar, Krishna; Jones, Arnold. "Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI) Media Types". tools.ietf.org. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "Storage network backup: Organizational aspects". SearchITChannel. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computer-storage-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|