Solingen Mitte station
|Location||Solingen, North Rhine-Westphalia
|Opened||10 December 2006|
Solingen Mitte station is in the city of Solingen in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is on the Wuppertal-Oberbarmen–Solingen railway. The line through the site of Solingen Mitte station was opened on 2 December 1890 as part of the Solingen–Wuppertal-Vohwinkel line, known as the Korkenzieherbahn ("Corkscrew Railway"), to Vohwinkel. The station was opened on 10 December 2006. It is classified by Deutsche Bahn as a category 5 station.
The station is served by line S 7 of the Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn, branded as Der Müngstener, operated every 20 minutes from Monday to Friday and generally every half hour on weekends and at off-peak times, using (LINT 41) vehicles. Until 15 December 1913 the station was served by Regional-Express service RB 47, operated by DB Regio NRW, normally with two-carriage sets of class 628.4. The Abellio Deutschland company won a contract that was put to tender in November 2010 and took over the operation of passenger services on the route from December 2013 for a period of 15 years.
|Preceding station||Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn||Following station|
toward Wuppertal Hbf
toward Solingen Hbf
- "Stationspreisliste 2017" [Station price list 2017] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Solingen Mitte operations". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Line 2734: Solingen - Wuppertal-Vohwinkel". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Solingen Mitte station". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- "RB47: Der Müngstener". NRW rail archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- "Abellio gewinnt Ausschreibung der RB 47". Eisenbahnjournal Zughalt.de (in German). 23 November 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Bahn unterliegt Abellio bei RB 47-Ausschreibung". Rheinische Post (in German). 24 November 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
|This article about a railway station in North Rhine Westphalia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|