|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||MCX: SVAV|
|Vadim Shvetsov (Chairman)|
|Products||Passenger cars, SUVs, Commercial Vehicles, Tractors|
|Revenue||US$2.1 billion (2012)|
|US$191.6 million (2012)|
Sollers formerly known as OAO Severstal-Auto is a Russian company holding controlling blocks of shares of OAO Ulyanovsk Automobile Works (UAZ), Zavolzhye Motor Works (ZMZ) and OAO ZMA. The enterprises of Severstal-Auto are well-known automobile brands and occupy stable positions in their market segments.
Since 2005, SeverstalAvto has been the owner of the ZMA (Russian: ЗМА, Завод малолитражных автомобилей) car factory in Naberezhnye Chelny, Russia. The factory was previously owned in part by KamAZ and was one of the production bases for the Lada Oka minicar. SeverstalAvto is listed in RTS Index.
Production of the Oka was due to be phased out in 2006 after 17 years and replaced by a number of Fiat models such as the Albea and Doblo. In addition to the products of the Italian firm, SeverstalAvto is producing the SsangYong Rexton, an SUV model that the firm intends to also produce at the firm's UAZ plant.
On July 11, 2006 within the scope of the agreement earlier signed with a Japanese company Isuzu, one of the world leaders producing commercial vehicles, SeverstalAvto started assembling ISUZU NQR71P trucks with the capacity of 5 t at the production site of UAZ. NQR71P is a representative of the world-known family of ISUZU N-series trucks.
In 2008, the company was renamed "Sollers" (which means "clever, inventive" in Latin). The cost of rebranding was about $ 2 millions. Also in 2008, a new plant was built in Elabuga for assembling the Fiat Ducato van.
February 11, 2010 an agreement was signed to establish on the basis of the plant «Sollers-Naberezhnye Chelny" joint venture to develop and produce cars between "Sollers" and the Italian company Fiat. It was planned that in the event of the maximum load plant will produce up to 500 thousand cars of different classes in the year. It was expected that the implementation of this project the Government of Russia can provide a loan of 2.1 billion euros. A year later, the parties decided to abandon this project and instead "Sollers" agreed to form a joint venture to produce cars with a Ford - Ford Sollers. It is expected that by the American company in the joint venture will be made to the Russian trading arm of Ford Motor Rus and Vsevolozhsk plant, from the "Sollers" - production capacity. Distribution of shares in the joint venture will be 50 to 50. It is assumed that the company will produce cars under the brand Ford.
March 1, 2011 was announced in Beijing s joint venture "Sollers-Bussan" between "Sollers" and the Japanese group Mitsui & Co. car manufacturing Toyota. Proportion of the parties in the new plant to be distributed at a ratio of 50% to 50%. The spring of 2012 at new sites will begin production of SUVs Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.
April 27, 2012 "Sollers" has signed an agreement to establish a joint venture with Mazda Motor Corporation to produce cars in Vladivostok. It is assumed that the new venture in which partners will receive equal shares, will begin operations in the second half of 2012. It is expected that the plant will produce new crossover Mazda CX-5, sedan Mazda6, as well as under other brands of cars, the production capacity of 50 thousand vehicles per year, and will be further increased to 70 thousand . annual.
- Ford Sollers joint venture
- Sollers-Bussan, joint venture with Mitsui & Co. producing Toyota vehicles
- Mazda Sollers joint venture
- Strategic partnership with SsangYong
- Zavolzhsky Motor Plant
- Sollers - Naberezhnye Chelny (formerly Zavod Malolitrazhnykh Avtomobiley)
- Sollers-Isuzu joint venture, terminated in 2015
- Fiat-Sollers joint venture, terminated in 2012
- Ford Explorer
- Ford Transit
- Isuzu N-Series
- Mazda 6
- Mazda CX-5
- Ssangyong Korando
- Ssangyong Rexton
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- UAZ Patriot
- Ssangyong Kyron (2005-2014)
- "В Russian creation of a second after the "AvtoVAZ", production of passenger".
- "Путин: Government will consider a loan of 2.1 billion euros for". Archived from the original on 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2010-02-11.
- Sollers will establish a joint production in Russia together with Ford instead of Fiat
- "«Я научился сначала слушать, а потом говорить», — Стивен Оделл, президент и гендиректор Ford of Europe" ["I learned to listen first and then speak" - Stephen Odell, President and CEO of Ford of Europe]. Archived from the original on 2012-02-09. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- Sollers and Mitsui announced a joint venture in Vladivostok / / rian.ru
- "Sollers and Mazda have signed an agreement to establish a joint venture to produce cars". sollers-auto.com. Archived from the original on 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- "Organisation Chart". Sollers-auto.com. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- "Список аффилированных лиц". E-disclosure.ru. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- "Sollers exits from its joint venture with Isuzu Motors to focus on SUV, LCV segments - ET Auto". ETAuto.com. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- "Fiat's Miserable Failure In Russia Underscores Just How Hard It Is To Do Business There". Business Insider. Retrieved 27 May 2017.