This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2023)
Solo Avengers was an American comic book series published by Marvel Comics, and was a spin-off from the company's superhero team title The Avengers. It was published for 20 issues (December 1987–July 1989) until it was renamed Avengers Spotlight with issue #21 (August 1989). The series was cancelled as of issue #40 (January 1991).
The format of the title was usually two stories, one featuring the character Hawkeye and the other a back-up strip showcasing a current or former member of the Avengers. With issue #35, the format changed to exclusively focus on one full-length story.
Artist Amanda Conner's first published work in the comics industry was the 11–page Yellowjacket back-up story in Solo Avengers #12 (November 1988).
|#2||Captain Marvel||January 1988|
|#3||Moon Knight||February 1988|
|#4||Black Knight||March 1988|
|#5||Scarlet Witch||April 1988|
|#7||Black Widow||June 1988|
|#8||Dr. Pym||July 1988|
|#10||Doctor Druid||September 1988|
|#13||Wonder Man||December 1988|
|#15||The Wasp||February 1989|
|#19||Black Panther||June 1989|
|#23||The Vision||October 1989|
|#25||Rick Jones||November 1989|
|#26||Iron Man||December 1989|
|#27||"Acts of Vengeance"||December 1989|
|#31||Hawkeye||U.S. Agent||April 1990|
|#37||Doctor Druid||October 1990|
|#39||Black Knight||December 1990|
|#40||The Vision||January 1991|
In December 2011, a five-part limited series titled Avengers: Solo was released following the same format as Solo Avengers. Once again, the central story, written by Jen Van Meter and illustrated by Roger Robinson, starred Hawkeye with the cast of Avengers Academy, by Jim McCann and Clayton Harris, in the back-up story.
- Avengers: Solo Avengers Classic collects Solo Avengers #1–10, 240 pages, February 2012, ISBN 978-0785159032
- Avengers: Scarlet Witch includes the Scarlet Witch story from Solo Avengers #5, 232 pages, April 2015, ISBN 978-0785193357
- ^ Solo Avengers at the Grand Comics Database
- ^ Avengers Spotlight at the Grand Comics Database
- ^ DeFalco, Tom; Gilbert, Laura, ed. (2008). "1980s". Marvel Chronicle A Year by Year History. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley. p. 233. ISBN 978-0756641238.
Harkening back to the split books of the 1960s, Solo Avengers #1 was launched to fulfill two goals: it would give Hawkeye a regular eleven-page feature and it would also provide Marvel with a second eleven-page slot that could be used to try out new talent or tell stories with the Avengers characters who did not have their own series.
|first2=has generic name (help)
- ^ Creator-Owned Heroes #5 Image Comics. October 2012.
- ^ Amanda Conner at the Grand Comics Database
- ^ Avengers: Solo at the Grand Comics Database
- Solo Avengers at Comicvine
- Avengers Spotlight at Comicvine
- Solo Avengers at Marvel Database
- Avengers Spotlight at Marvel Database