Solomon Wilbur Denton
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: article needs more secondary sources (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Solomon Wilbur Denton, Sr. (1816–1864) was an early member of the Latter Day Saint movement.
In the Latter Day Saint church
In 1831, Denton joined Joseph Smith's Church of Christ and moved to Independence, Missouri to join the Latter Day Saints there. On March 1, 1835, he was ordained an elder in the church. Denton worked with Don Carlos Smith in the Kirtland, Ohio printing office of the church. In 1835, he married Fanny M. Stanley (Smith's first cousin once removed). He reported "having seen a great vision during the time of the washings and the annointings" in the Kirtland Temple. Denton was also a helper in Smith's household.
In 1837, Denton was excommunicated from the church for "lack of faith, non-observance of duties, and contempt of the quorum of High Priests." He moved to Pontiac, Michigan, where he was co-editor of a newspaper and later postmaster. Denton died in Pontiac.
- "Solomon "Wilbur" Denton (1816-1864)". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Doctrine and Covenants, 1835, Page 0". josephsmithpapers.org. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: LDS Historical". wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Paulson, M.A. (2000). Breaking the Mormon Code. WingSpan Press. p. 202. ISBN 9781595940674. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Bushman, R.L. (2007). Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling. Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. p. 337. ISBN 9780307426482. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Crisis at Kirtland: Episode 4 Sec. 6". olivercowdery.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Old Mormon Articles: Painesville Telegraph 1836-44". sidneyrigdon.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Brodie, Fawn M. (1971), No Man Knows My History, New York: Knopf, ISBN 0-679-73054-0
- "Autobiographical Remarks by Ebenezer Robinson (1816-1891)". boap.org. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- https://books.google.com/books?id=mJMJc5AtTpkC&pg=PA77[dead link]