|CEO. Col (res) David Marchiano|
|Revenue||US$ 150 million (2007)|
Number of employees
Soltam Systems (Hebrew: סולתם מערכות) is an Israeli defense contractor located in Yokneam, Israel. The company has been developing and manufacturing advanced artillery systems, mortars, ammunition and peripheral equipment since 1952. Soltam Systems serves armed and special forces in more than 60 countries. Among the company's major customers are the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), the United States Army and NATO countries.
Soltam was founded in 1950 by Shlomo Zabludowicz as the IDF artillery manufacturer. The company was founded as a joint venture between the Israeli Solel Boneh and Luxembourg-based Salgad (Societe Anonyme Luxembourgoise de Gestion et D'Administration) which was a fully owned subsidiary of the Finnish artillery and mortar manufacturer Tampella.
- ATMOS 155 mm autonomous, truck mounted self-propelled gun
- ATHOS 2052 155 mm autonomous towed howitzer system
- M-68 towed 155 mm howitzer
- M-71 towed 155 mm howitzer
- Rascal self-propelled 155 mm howitzer
- Slammer (Sholef) - Merkava-based self-propelled 155 mm howitzer
Soltam designs and manufactures a wide range of mortars, to suit a variety of military applications. Soltam supplies a variety of mortars, such as backpacked, under turret, towed and self-propelled recoiling mortars on wheeled or tracked vehicles. All mortars are simple to operate and fast in deployment. Soltam mortars are made of high quality alloy steel for extra toughness and stability. mortar systems come with all auxiliary equipment necessary for field operation, including fire control computer, ballistic computer, INS, and target acquisition and location systems. All types of mortar ammunition in use worldwide are authorized to be used with Soltam mortars.
- M-66 160 mm mortar
- 120 mm mortar
- 81 mm mortar
- 60 mm mortar
- 60 mm commando mortars
- 60 mm extended range mortars
- Vehicle mounted 60 mm mortar - internal and external
- 160 mm
- 120 mm
- 81 mm
- 60 mm
- Vesa Toivonen. From Tampella to Patria. Karisto 2003 Pages 94-111 ISBN 952-5026-26-4 English synopsis pg.111
- "ATMOS 2000". www.army-technology.com. Retrieved 2008-07-25.[unreliable source?]
- "ATHOS 2025". www.defense-update.com.
- "soltam mortars". www.globalsecurity.org. Retrieved 2008-07-25.