|Speaker of the Saeima|
2 November 2010 – 4 November 2014
|Preceded by||Gundars Daudze|
|Succeeded by||Ināra Mūrniece|
|Minister of Justice|
2 December 2004 – 7 November 2006
|Prime Minister||Aigars Kalvītis|
|Preceded by||Vineta Muižniece|
|Succeeded by||Gaidis Bērziņš|
19 February 1963 |
Ogre, Soviet Union
|Political party||New Era (2002–2011)
|Alma mater||University of Latvia|
She is leader of the Unity, Latvia's largest centre-right party and partner in the current coalition government. Despite being the leader of the largest governing party, she has never been the Prime Minister of Latvia. She has been a deputy of the Saeima since November 7, 2006. In November 2014 after a parliamentary election she was replaced as speaker and appointed chairwoman of the National Security Committee of the Saeima. She caused controversy after being 'struck off' the Unity list of candidates by electors at the 2014 election. Such an outcome is possible for any candidate under Latvia's method of proportional representation. As a result, she was not returned as a member of the Saeima and elected Unity member Jānis Junkurs forfeited his mandate to allow the party President to continue to sit in parliament.
- Estonia: Recipient First Class of the Order of the Cross of Terra Mariana (05.06.2012, serie 1003 - decision n° 99)
- "LR tieslietu ministre no 2004.gada 2.decembra" (in Latvian). Latvijas Republikas Tieslietu Ministrija. Archived from the original on 2009-07-24. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- "History". Rīgas Valsts vācu ģimnāzija. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "Speaker Solvita Aboltina". Latvijas Republikas Saeima. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- Aboltina voted in as chairwoman of Saeima National Security Committee, LETA, 6 November 2014, accessed 9 November 2014
- "Elected Unity member declines Saeima seat". Public broadcasting of Latvia. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solvita Āboltiņa.|
|Minister of Justice
|Speaker of the Saeima
|This article about a Latvian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|