Some Girls Do (song)
|"Some Girls Do"|
|Single by Sawyer Brown|
|from the album The Dirt Road|
|Released||March 4, 1992|
|Sawyer Brown singles chronology|
"Some Girls Do" is a song written by Mark Miller, and recorded by American country music band Sawyer Brown. It was released in March 1992 as the second (third if "The Walk" is counted) single from their album The Dirt Road. It was a number-one hit in the United States, while it peaked at number 2 in Canada.
The narrator states that some girls don't like boys like him, but "some girls do.". The song begins with a potential object of his affection turning up her nose at his Cadillac as a way of rebuffing his attentions. Another woman witnesses the exchange from her front porch as she's painting her nails. She hints that it takes more than that to attract a woman, and they hook up with one another.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||19|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||10|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 305.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2149." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. June 6, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Sawyer Brown – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Sawyer Brown.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1992". RPM. December 19, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Best of 1992: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
by Brooks & Dunn
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
May 23, 1992
"Achy Breaky Heart"
by Billy Ray Cyrus